Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peace2006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Bonded in Illinois
    I am in the process of starting an Errand and Concierge service in Illinois, and I would like to be bonded. Does anyone know where this can be done? All the research I have done seems to put the cost at about 1000.00,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
    When I asked that question of my attorney, he said to contact an insurance agent. I live in Illinois.
    peace2006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peace2006
    I am in the process of starting an Errand and Concierge service in Illinois, and I would like to be bonded. Does anyone know where this can be done? All the research I have done seems to put the cost at about 1000.00,
    Thank-you!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
    By the way, PEACE be with you, also! And, may there be PEACE throughout the world!
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 7, 2007, 06:35 PM
    I write bonds and am licensed in IL but do not write anything but auto insurance in IL but let me guide you some. First, you can't simply want to be bonded unless you want a "third party" type of fidelity bond to advertise you are bonded or to protect you in the event one of your employees (not you the owner) were to dishonestly abscond with a customers property or money. Or unless you want to protect your assets, property from dishonest acts that cause YOU a loss of your own property or money - if that's the case, that's just a regular insurance contract called fidelity insurance or a fidelity bond. I know of know law in the many states that I have written bonds that requires a "surety" bond to supppot a license you may be issued for the kind of business you describe. Let me explain "surety" bond. It's not insurance, rather an "extension of credit" and is a 3 party instrument to which you, the owner, might be one of the 3 parties. The other two would be the obligee, the Govt or private entity requiring the surety bond and the surety, the bond or insurance company bonding you. Surety bonds are typically required by Govt entities to say, for example, enter the construction business or sell used cars. A private entity, in you case, might be a bank that has operations in your area that wants you to shuttle documents, etc, between branches or a home office. The bank would require a surety bond to guarantee that should you violate the terms of their contract with you, the bond would be called upon for payment. Hope this helps but if you have any other questions please ask..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Businesses headquartered in Illinois [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone give a good source to find out how many businesses are headquartered in Illinois? The catch is the headquartered part. I've been on the US Census Bureau site but there is know way of distinguishing if a business is headquarted there.

Filing bankruptcy Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

I just lost my job after my husband finally gained one, we are not catching up on our bills we filled chapter 7 in 99 are we able to do it again if needed thank you barb

View more questions Search