Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpsm77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Full Size Lawn Tractor?
    I am preparing to purchase a full size lawn tractor. I am trying to find the best full size lawn tractor to do a multitude of jobs in the lawn. Also, I have over an acre of lawn, and many projects such as felling trees, snow removal, moving and grading dirt, finish grading, seeding, aerating, dethatching, and such. I want to know what you'r opinions are on what the best full size lawn tractor is as far as price, versatility, functionality, and reliability. Any input or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks to those who reply
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Hi, tpsm77!

I would like to give you an answer to your question. But, unfortunately, I can't. There may be someone on this site who can. But, we seem to get a lot of questions concerning lawn and garden equipment that go unanswered. Maybe, by my replying to your question, it will get more noticed here.

I care about your question being answered. So, I do know a site where topics about lawns, gardens and lawn maintenance machine issues are the specialty. You might like to give it a try. Here is the link.

Lawn & Garden Tractors Forum - GardenWeb
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Go to Sears and check out the Garden tractors. Believe it or not they are very large sturdy equipment (also a little expensive) But they have tons of add ons and extras for them also. Sears is a fairly good place to buy. This is if you want to stay in that range you can always go to a farm supply type place and get a real professional model but it will at least double the price.
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subca...seBVCookie=Yes
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Hey, Matt! Thanks for being supportive of me. And, thanks for understanding that I was only trying to help.

To newaukumdon, my apologies. I didn't know that there was someone with your background and credentials on this site who was available to answer questions intelligently and authoritatively concerning lawn and garden equipment. Thanks for showing up.

I was just concerned that so many questions concerning lawn and garden equipment were appearing to be unanswered.
    tpsm77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Thanks for all your help. I actually decided to buy an ATV, and it has proven to be very beneficial and versital. I purchased a pull behind finish mower and plan to buy a snow plow and other equipment. It is working out great and I spent a total of under $3000. I appreciate all the advice and replies, also, I would recommend this to others given the great experience I have had already.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 22, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Yes and they are allot more fun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scotts Lawn Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

My Scotts lawn tractor won't start. When I turn the key, it just make a clicking noise. The "book" states it may be the starter or the solenoid? What's a solenoid and where is it located? Actually, what does the starter look like?

Mtd lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?

View more questions Search