Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2005, 08:25 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan remote control install
    I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this is my first remote control. Not sure what would be the difference from this fan and any other Hampton Bay fan. Any thoughts?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2005, 06:18 AM
    Generally...
    Quote Originally Posted by heff
    I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this is my first remote control. Not sure what would be the difference from this fan and any other Hampton Bay fan. Any thoughts?
    ... the fan is sold with a remote in the box. If the fan did not come with a remote receiver (which installs inside the fan) it will not respond to the remote anyway. Buy a fan with a remote included. The solid-state control they refer to is not the remote but a variable speed control (similar to a light dimmer/switch).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan. The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I...

Can Hampton Bay remote control be discarded [ 6 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Yes another Hampton Bay remote question. I have one existing switch controlling the fan. And One existing dimmer controlling the light. The box at the ceiling having white (neutral), a Hot (Black) and a Hot (Pink). The previous fan connected Black to black, white to white, and pink to...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search