Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Probation home visits
    Does anyone know how often a probation officer visits your home. I wasn't home last Monday and he came and left a card. I was dropping urine for the courts. Anyway, I have not told my children that I am on probation, I wondered if he was just making a one time visit or will he come every month. Does he show on the weekends. I honestly never expected him to come the first time. I figured if I gave them no problems, he probably wouldn't pop in. He will more than likely come back again, but I am hoping after looking around once he won't come back. My kids will be home this summer not in school and I am concerned. Any ideas on what the norm is?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Hello Tessy:

Some bureaucrats sit in their office all day and never leave. Others think they're doing the Lords work and they're out to save the world. I don't know what kind of PO you've got. He sounds like he'll be back. Is there a normal time?? Nahhh. He wants to catch you doing something. Don't be fooled into thinking he's there to help you. He's not. He's there to bust you.

I would tell him that your kids don't know you're on probation. If he's a prick, he'll make sure they find out. If he's not, maybe he'll be more careful next time he visits.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Weren't you advised as to the times and frequency of your PO's visits when you were first placed on probation? Most common is once a month. To my knowledge they are scheduled in advance and not impromptu or random.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
    NO. It doesn't state how often, it just states he can... and he can search my home. The thing is, I'm fine with it. I committed prescription fraud... I don't have anything to hide, I'm off all the pills now. I just hate for my children to know about it. I have kept them sheltered from all of this, I don['t want them to know. I couldn't care less if he searched every room and every drawer... just not with my poor boys home! ( I know I should've thought about THAT before I fudged the prescriptions, but I didn't)
    blueeyze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Look you did something wrong. Your not the first and you certainly won't be the last. Your owning your wrong doing. Just ask if he could come at a respectable time when your young sons arnt home. If he doesn't comply the go above him. They have no right to screw with your kids emotional well being. And they shouldn't b coming to your home unless a judge said so. They have to be respectful to a point. If your kids should ask just say he is a friend helping you exterminate mice or something... Best Wishes. And be proud of yourself for doing the right thing some people don't ever learn.
    blueeyze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 06:42 PM
    ]look you did something wrong. Your not the first and you certainly won't be the last. Your owning your wrong doing. Just ask if he could come at a respectable time when your young sons arnt home. If he doesn't comply the go above him. They have no right to screw with your kids emotional well being. And they shouldn't b coming to your home unless a judge said so. They have to be respectful to a point. If your kids should ask just say he is a friend helping you exterminate mice or something... Best Wishes. And be proud of yourself for doing the right thing some people don't ever learn... Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual status and upcoming visits [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In autumm 2006 I moved back to Europe from USA after being there continuosly 2 years (with L1 visa). Because of the move I think I am considered to be a Dual-Status Alien (i.e. I was not present in USA at the end of the year). I will be travelling back to USA in several separate business...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

Nonresident Alien Tax for short visits? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Tax expert I live in England. And have a US employer paying me my salary since Dec 1999. I have been travelling the world a lot and have been in US 6 to 9 times on visits between 2and 8 days every year. I always stayed in a hotel, and I am in the US on a Visa Waiver for business. I...

Child Support / Visits HELP PLEASE [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been denied court order visits for the past 4 years. He went to court and the judge is allowing the mother to keep denying visits. We are not bad people at all and I want to know how the NH Master Judge is allowed to do this. Every time my husband goes to court the Judge always sides...

View more questions Search