Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Dating, racial differences
    Hi all,

I recently read an article about guys' preferences for girls of different race and apparently african american girls are less desirable than white and asian women. So guys what are your opinions? Do you only date people from your own race? Do most men think asian girls are exotic and are african american girls really the least desirable?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I would say the article is full of bull personally. Each person has their own desires and the things that they like. Some like skinny, some like larger, and some can't look past a skin color while many understand the color has not much bearing.

I would say that who ever wrote that article was a racist and not based on any facts.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Please remember that when you read an article like that, it is not the solid truth. It si someone's opinion, who knows what it is based on. Could be based on air - meaning nothing to back up with the writer said.

A good solid article is one that can be verified - can be researched independently and come up with the same, or nearly the same, result. The article you read sounds like malarky, to be honest.

About dating a person of another race - even when I was first in college, back in 1970, there were boys and girls dating, crossing race lines. It was not seen as a big deal, what was looked at was more how the two connected as a couple. Just was no one's business. Still is no one's business.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

May 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Hi Peachies,
    I don't think that is necessarily true at all. To a degree, many men probably do find women with "exotic" looks desirable -- in much the same way that some women may find a foreign accent appealing in men. But I agree with Chuck, everyone has their preferences.
    I don't think it is inaccurate to say that many men find Asian women attractive -- I know I certainly do -- but I think part of that appeal for some men is the long perpetuated stereotype that they are somehow more submissive, demure or attentive. This is certainly not true of most, I feel, and a very poor outlook from the male's perspective.
    Society "tends" to push certain trends as well. In recent years, Latina women have been very sought after in films. Though on the other hand you could look at the astounding success of someone like Halle Berry. No man ever argues that she isn't one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood -- he'd probably need his head checked if he did, in my own opinion.
    As for African American women being less desirable -- I can't speak for any other men I know, but this certainly is not the case for me. I am Caucasian myself, and I have dated two beautiful women of African American descent. One was half Indian, the other was half Puerto Rican. The thing I found most attractice about them both, beyond their looks, was the strength and confidence they seemed to both exude, and I think this is true of many African American women. I personally find that to be a very appealing trait, though this may in fact intimidate some men. It is certainly something to think about. All men try to look confident and in charge, but the woman is undoubtedly often the psychologically and emotionally stronger of the two. Let's face it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

17 yr old wants to keep bi-racial baby [ 30 Answers ]

My 17 yr old is a Jr in High School & "accidentally" got pregnant. She wants to keep the baby, but it is bi-racial & all her grandparents are prejudicial. Her step-dad, her dad & I believe it would be best for the baby to be put up for adoption so that it won't feel unwanted in the rest of the...

Racial Classification [ 4 Answers ]

Who exactly are considered as "white" people? Is it all of Europe, inclluding Armenia and Georgia? Or just Northern Europeans? Please help, I am writing a report about this.

What are the differences between moisturiers [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between cream and lotion moisturiser:confused:

Too many differences [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been on and off for almost a year now, and before we started going out I was committed to saving myself for marriage. But, about 6 months into the relationship that all went down the drain and he left me broken hearted when he went on a 5 week trip to europe. Now we've had a...

Racial question [ 1 Answers ]

Who exactly are considered as "white" people? Is it all Europeans including Armenia and Gerogia? Or just Northern Europeans? Please help. I am trying to write a report about this.

View more questions Search