Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2003, 10:21 PM
    Re: CD-RW Drive  ... Problem Please Help
    Sharon, hi, OK, now is the blank CD-RW disk you are using a new blank disk, one that you have never used before? I know this sounds very obvious, but there were many times where I did not label the cd-r or cd-rw disk I just recorded something to, only to accidentally put it back into the drive by force of habit.

If you are using a cd-r or cd-rw disk that you have recorded something onto it, but forgot to close or finalize the session, then very likely that "error" popped up. Try going into the preference or option at the top of the menu option of your burner software and put a check by "FINALIZE or CLOSE CD". Better yet, go to the help section at the top of software menu and look or tye in "SESSION" or "MULTISESSION", and follow the directions there, depending on what you would like to do. Explaining here of a SESSION or MULTISESSION would be too confusing without showing it to you physically of the entire burning process. Another possibility is you may have use the "drop and drag" feature on a blank cd-rw disk, and try to burn it again, without ending that feature. I know with NERO ROM burning software, you can not use both the "drag and drop" feature at the same time with the normal burning process.

On the other hand, if a new blank cd-rw didn't work, you might want to try upgrading the firmware of the CD-RW drive by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the firmware. From there, just follow the instructions for upgrading the firmware of your CD-RW burner. 8) ;)
    diamondlm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2003, 12:05 AM
    Is your cd rom drive a cd rw --
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2003, 06:35 AM
    HI,
    First question; have you recorded anything on the CD you are trying to use?
    Please post back; you need to be very specific with what you ask, otherwise, no one knows how to answer this.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    spog Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2003, 11:37 PM
    I'm not trying to be a smarty pants but
    a) has the cd already been used
    b)if its rewritable have you erased it yet
    c)is it an appropriate cd type :D
    Sharon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2003, 11:46 AM
    Deleted from the board
    Delete this from the board... NOW
    redfin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2004, 01:05 PM
    Sharon, one thing not mentioned is setting the burning speed... if the speed is too high, it will spoil new discs... and you will learn this after it burns for a while and the disc is ruined... you will find the "X - #" settings somewhere in the setup of your burner settings... I am using an old HP External, and I must always be sure that the speed is NOT 'highest possible speed'... redfin

Mar 1, 2004, 01:12 PM
    Have you inserted and run the Installation Disc? redfin

Mar 1, 2004, 01:12 PM

Mar 1, 2004, 01:13 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Problem with Disc Drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, there. My Disc Drive (CD Rom drive, whatever it's called) won't open. I click the button that I normally do to open it and put a CD in, and all it does is flash a red light and not open. (truly irritating) My friend said there should be a hole to slip in something like a paper clip to...

Disk Drive Problem... Help please... [ 3 Answers ]

Correct me if I'm wrong... I know when LED on disk drive is lit its reading the disk, but in my case when ever I try to use it, it never off the light unless I turn off my PC or never use my disk drive, oh I mean it for floppy disk drive... I'm afriad to take out the inserted disk cause it may be...

Hard drive problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pentium II,333MHZ and am trying to install a 40GB hard drive. It gets detected as slave no problem but when I set the jumper to master it doesn't get detected as master. On boot up I get a message saying there is no primary master. The system knows it's there and recognizes the full 40...

View more questions Search