Ask
    rally Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Ice Maker on Whirlpool Refrigerator will not eject Ice
    Any ideas.
    Thanks
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 6, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Could be several things. Bad defrost heater, defrost thermostat, or the motor. At the end of the ice making process, a heater will come on and heat up the ice making tray and the motor will push out the ice.
    rally Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JackT
    Could be several things. Bad defrost heater, defrost thermostat, or the motor. At the end of the ice making process, a heater will come on and heat up the ice making tray and the motor will push out the ice.
    Thanks I shall check it out.
    rally
    leonardtung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:06 PM
    JackT,
    How can I fix it if the problem is what you mentioned? Will replacing a new ice maker fix the problem?
    Thank
    Leon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Refrigerator Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

Originally my ice maker was making ice continuously even when the shut off arm was up. Now it won't work at all. Any ideas.

Whirlpool ice maker probs [ 1 Answers ]

After it makes one batch, it refills (the way it is supposed to), freezes the new water, then skips the unloading of the new cubes and runs more water (all over the place) as if it were refilling an EMPTY ice tray. I take it apart. Remove the frozen cubes. Replace the maker. The next batch makes...

Whirlpool Ice Maker Problem [ 0 Answers ]

My ice maker stopped working. I replaced the valve and connected all the hoses and wires back up. Then I turned the ice maker on, and when it cycled and the water came on to fill the ice maker, the water came out of the water in the door dispenser. I checked the wires on the valve to make sure I...

Ice maker won't eject [ 1 Answers ]

I have a freezer-mounted Whirlpool icemaker(Part #4317943). It was new 4 months ago and, for the past 4 months, has been working normally. Now, what seems to be happening is that it fills normally, but the ice is not being pushed out, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Foxden

View more questions Search