Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

May 5, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Directors vs. officers
    Hello,
    Can anyone tell me the difference between a director of a company or an officer? Does one have more control over another?

Thank you in advance.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Public companies are structured into two "levels" of authority. In really simple terms:
    • The Board of Directors ... Are elected by the Shareholders of the company.
    • Corporate Officers ... Are hired by the Board as the Executive Management that runs the company.

Anyone on the Board is considered a Director. The Board usually includes at least some of the executive officers, like the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operatiing Officer, or the Chief Financial Officer, but the executive management is repsonsible to the Board and ultimately, the Shareholders.
    helenkent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 06:00 AM
    What are the differences between an officer of a company and a director of a company? Do they have similar rights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing probation officers? [ 11 Answers ]

Would I have the right to change officers, if my assigned one is always on the road? I never see him face to face, on check in day, and they are not helpful at all. I am treated like a murderer each time I go there. My charge was a second d.u.I. no one was injured, I haven't had alcohol in two...

Should Probation Officers Undergo Psychological testing? [ 13 Answers ]

HI! I'm in the middle of doing research for a law firm in Michigan Concerning whether probation officers should be required to under go Psychological testing like police officers do. If anyone has any Comments or stories they would like to share concerning this topic Please feel free, I'm...

Law, Warning issued by officers [ 2 Answers ]

Does a warning for speeding issued by a police officer go on my record and if so for how long does it stay on there? I live in Iowa.

Military Officers Question [ 3 Answers ]

If a commissioned officer in the National Guard commits an offense against the Uniform Code of Military Justice and gets out (not retire) of the military fearing their command finding out, but still maintains privileges of an ID etc… Can they be brought back to be held accountable? Can the officer...

Police officers trespassing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know if a police office can go on to private property if they are not called?

View more questions Search