Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xparker_lewisx Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
    How to let him down, how to egg him on
    Ok, so a guy i know is going to ask me out soon-- he's told several of my friends who told me-- but he's more of a brother than a boyfriend. I just don't see him that way. how do i let him know that without ruinging a friendship?? Then, there's a guy I know that i WANT to date. he's really sweet and funny and he treats me like a girl instead of one of the guys. He's recently started holding my hand when we're close enough and cuddling, but he hasn't asked me out yet. Is he waiting on a sign from me? if he is, how do i give him the ok without making it seem like i want to rush into a serious relationship? because after my last--and first-- i need to take things kinda slow. i don't want to come off as a witch though. if anyone has any advice on either problems, i'd be totally indebted if you answered!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Concerning the first guy, you are getting second-hand information. Until you hear it from "the horses mouth" so to speak, you haven't been asked out by him. If he does ask you out, then I would go out with him, and make your intentions clear to him that you like him as a friend, but that you have many things in your life in front of you and don't want to get tied down to any one person right now. Also, there's nothing wrong with going out with a friend and having some fun doing some things. Actually, you never know where the relationship will go. You have lots of time to make friends and try different things out as far as your life is concerned. It's best to find out what you really want for your life first as far as a career and preparation for that is concerned.

Concerning the second guy, he's already gotten close to you by holding your hand and cuddling. As far as I'm concerned, you are already doing something together that people would do on a date. Why not just suggest to him something additional that you could do together? It doesn't all have to be his decision or idea. If you make your intentions clear, about wanting to go slow, then I am sure that he would understand if he cares about you, which he obviously already does.
    xparker_lewisx Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Thanks, your advice really helped me out! I think I've pretty much straightened it out: me and mikey-the guy who wanted to date me-- have gotten to be really close friends. And nothing more than that, which is what I strived for. And the guy I want to date is being fairly cooperative in not rushing me into anything. We're still not 'offical' but I've figured that if we get through summer vaction (three months of the year which I will be spending with famil in another state) we'll be set for just about anything. If it doesn't work out then it'll be fine too. Like you said, I need to focus on where I'm going in life and where I want to get. I can worry about guys later.
    But really, thanks for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw a ghost while frying an egg then the egg turned blood red! [ 6 Answers ]

I was cooking at my fiance's Grandparents old farm house. I was standing at the stove frying eggs and noticed something looking at me from the other room. I looked and saw a shadow like creature disappear behind a wall. I looked back at the pan and the eggs were blood red! I screamed and then...

Rotten egg smell [ 3 Answers ]

I have well water with a rotten egg smell, from what I am told it could be the anode rod in the hot water heater. I don't have a hot water heater, we have a hot water boiler that is used to heat the house and the potable water, also is the water dangerous due to the smell.

Rotten Egg Smell [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in a brand new home, on city water for one year and everything was fine. We moved out and the house is now empty and up for sale. It has been empty for five months. Sometime during these five months a rotten egg smell has developed when the water is turned on. At first we thought it was...

Rotton Egg Smell [ 9 Answers ]

We recently bought our home. We have only been living in it for about 2 - 3 months now. It had been vacant for about 7 months prior to that. When we looked at the house (which we did several times before purchasing, there was NO SMELL - except the usual empty house smell. We had a very...

Egg Donation [ 1 Answers ]

MY daughter donated her eggs to a couple and received a substantial amount of money.Does she have to pay taxes on it?

View more questions Search