Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriscw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Audio floor speaker distortion
    I recently moved and had to re-set up my home theater system and speakers. My speakers sound terrible now because they don't have a crisp sound to them and are "fuzzy" sounding at times especially on songs with more bass. I went and bought new speaker wire, shortened the length of the wires, made sure the connections were tight, decreased the "gain" on the receiver but it still doesn't sound great. I am frustrated with it now. Any suggestions?:confused:
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 5, 2007, 02:21 PM
    One thing to be absolutely certain of would be the phasing of all the speakers. Be aware that if all the wires are not 'positive to positive' / 'negative to negative' then you'll lose bass response. It has to do with sound waves canceling frequencies, etc. - what you want is to get your system up and running again, so I'll forget the acoustics theory. Any chance you 'blew' the speakers out? Even a slight tear in a cone or a fried spot on the magnetic windings will cause the type of distortion you've described.
    Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subwoofer Distortion [ 1 Answers ]

I recently ordered a 4000 watt Mono amplifier (2000RMS) and got two Audiobahn 15'' subwoofers that are rated max power of 2600 watts (1300 watt RMS) and I want to put them in my truck, but not using a conventional truck box enclosure. I am going to "modify" the rear metal panel that is below the...

Audio distortion [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, When downloading mp3's I convert to .wav .Then using Nero latest ver. Burn to cd, there is peak distortion even though trk volume is medium.This is getting very annoying as tracks play clean as mp3. Soundblaster live, Win2K pro, P II 266 Please help?

Distortion with an RCA-to-mini connection? [ 1 Answers ]

I play all my music off my laptop. Currently the arrangement of my living room requires that I use a 30-ft cable to hook it up to my receiver. So I went and invested $50 in a thick cable with gold-plated connectors. Problem is, this cable is RCA-to-RCA, so of course I've got to find a mini-plug...

Speaker Static [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any of you knew how get rid of speaker static that happens every time I play a PC game or a sound file --but it's not coming from the speakers themselves. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search