Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jt0012c2783 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2005, 06:14 AM
    Windows xp start up problem
    Could you please help.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt

<windows roots>system 32\hal.II, I do not have a cd to boot cmy computer with and I've tried to down load disk types put floppy only takes 2.0 mg disk to down load 4.5mg for programme.

Please help..

[email protected]
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2005, 07:45 AM
    You need to have the XP CD to repair this. There is no such thing an XP floppy. Bootable floppies to use with XP actually boot to Win 9X without the GUI so you can access the CD or hard drive.

The only other possibility is to try booting to Safe Mode.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Apr 12, 2005, 08:31 PM
    If you can boot into safe made, you need to do a system restore to a date before you started getting this non-boot error. It is my guess though that safe mode will not be successful in this particular scenario.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fail to start Windows from MS DOS [ 8 Answers ]

This problem concerns an Aptiva machine(serial 90-OH-133). By accident I clicked the MS-DOS icon in "My Computer" and of course it opend in MS-DOS and then would not let me return to Windows 98. No matter what coding I put in front of the DOS promt it failed. I have been at the...

Windows 98 please help with big problem [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to go back a few days when my computer was working good, i know you go to start, run, type a word, like Msconfig, and ok... you can choose a day that your computer was working good. Thank you... [email protected] Please e-mail me...

Windows 2000 start-up [ 1 Answers ]

My computers were updated from windows 98 to windows 2000. The desk top computer runs great. My IBM lap top takes a long time to open. It seams to be searching for a file or something. I'm not very computer literate - any suggestions.

Windows Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Im using MSI motherboard K7T Pro and recently I bought ATI Radeon A9550GE 128MB. My motherboard supports only AGP 4X whereas the VGA supports 8X AGP. The problem is when Windows loads the system hangs within 5 minutes. And the light on the monitor turns orange color. Need help, anyone...

View more questions Search