Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmJa31 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Pregnany symptoms, negative tests, 2 weeks late
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has got the same problem as me?

I had my last Depo-provera injection December 2006, my period was a few days late in January 2007 but Feb and Mar periods on time as normal, Im now 2 weeks late for my April period, pregnancy tests that I have taken (which are several) are all negative but I have all the pregnancy symptoms and feel pregnant, I normally know as soon as I conceive, I'm also a mum of 5 so do know the pregnancy signs LOL so what is going on? I am never late normally unless I'm pregnant so I'm confused. I have done a doctors urine test and waiting for the result but won't get that for at least another week but am slowly being driven mad! LOL:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Wow, the doctor's office sure is taking their good old time! LOL

I usually say that intuition is the best indicator. We women seem to know our bodies, especially after having a couple of children.

Have you been taking the HPTs using first morning urine? It is best to do it this way as the concentration of hCG is highest in the morning.

May 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Hi, Yes I have taken them 1st thing in the morning but all negative which is so strange because normally I can take them anytime of day from the day my period is due and they come up positive!!
    This is doctors for you in England, they like to take their sweet time! LOL
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Wow, here in the US you usually know before you walk out of the office!!

Unfortunately, I guess you are just in the waiting zone now. But remember, intuition can be more accurate than any over-the-counter test.

May 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Hi, Thanks that's what I think too about it but my hubby isn't so confident! LOL Even though he keeps rubbing my belly as it has got quite large as it always does at the start of my pregnancies and telling me WOW I do look pregnant! MEN! LOL as my belly was flat before this it does make the growth quite noticeable and my bed and toilet have turned into my new best friends from the amount of time I'm in them where I'm so exhausted and need to wee soooooo much! But hey joys of being a mummy and I wouldn't change that for the world, I know how lucky I am and I'm grateful

May 6, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmJa31
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has got the same problem as me?!

I had my last Depo-provera injection December 2006, my period was a few days late in January 2007 but Feb and Mar periods on time as normal, Im now 2 weeks late for my April period, pregnancy tests that i have taken (which are several) are all negative but i have all the pregnancy symptoms and feel pregnant, i normally know as soon as i conceive, im also a mum of 5 so do know the pregnancy signs LOL so what is going on? I am never late normally unless im pregnant so im confused. I have done a doctors urine test and waiting for the result but wont get that for at least another week but am slowly being driven mad! LOL:confused:
    Hi just wanted to add that I am getting a severe pain in my left groin area and slightly worried about it, have got similar in previous pregnancies but not as painful as I have now, anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could it just be my ligaments loosening up even though HPT are negative? By the way I have endometriosis but has only been a minor problem since 2001, thank god and other than really heavy periods and lower abdomen pain it doesn't give me any other problems anymore,
    Would be grateful for any insight.
    Thanks

May 10, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Just an update!
    I'm now on my 18th day of being late for my period, doctors urine test came back negative (got result today) I've now got to go for a pregnancy blood test should get results from that in about a week, had very slight spotting twice yesterday when I went to the toilet but nothing else since. Nurse said if blood test comes back negative will have to see doctor and go for a scan to find out what's going on!!

May 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Another update! LOL

Had the HCG blood test it was negative. Still no period and stomach is swollen like a balloon now so dr is sending me for a ultrasound scan which I have to have Wednesday next week, fingers crossed that tells me what the hells going on! X
    LesaRyan04 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2007, 07:43 AM
    That's odd because the same thing happends to me! My belly also swells, I also have endo. And they have no idea why my pds have stopped. But you are very lucky endo. Hasn't cause infertility. I'm 19, and it has cause me infert. Its awful not knowing what is going on inside of you.
    stillltryin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmJa31
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has got the same problem as me?!

I had my last Depo-provera injection December 2006, my period was a few days late in January 2007 but Feb and Mar periods on time as normal, Im now 2 weeks late for my April period, pregnancy tests that i have taken (which are several) are all negative but i have all the pregnancy symptoms and feel pregnant, i normally know as soon as i conceive, im also a mum of 5 so do know the pregnancy signs LOL so what is going on? I am never late normally unless im pregnant so im confused. I have done a doctors urine test and waiting for the result but wont get that for at least another week but am slowly being driven mad! LOL:confused:
    Having the same problem and I feel like I am crazy! Lol... Only a mom of one though, but having all pregnancy symptoms and tons of negative tests. Good luck hope you find something out soon. I have an app may 21, so hopefully it will put my mind and _body at ease.

May 21, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hi lesaryan,
    My endo did cause infertility, I lost 5 babies and then couldn't get pregnant for over 4 years and was turned down for ivf, I've had every treatment possible for endo as it always comes back.
    I eventually had no choice but to accept that I couldn't have children which was devastating for me and my husband at the time and by some miracle I fell pregnant, my pregnancies aren't easy at all, I've had everything that could cause a pregnancy to miscarry but somehow my little fighters always pulled through so please have hope, if I can astound my doctoer then so can you xx

May 23, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Hi,
    Well I had my scan today and definitely NOT pregnant! Have got a cyst like form on my left ovary though and sonographer said that could be what's causing all my problems as its probably affecting my hormones, going to see my dr next week to see what he suggests I do now as I can't exactly go around with a belly and boobs that are getting bigger for no reason! LOL. Hope all is OK with you both? X
    FNJ-H Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 12:24 PM

Hi there, did you find out what was wrong?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

2 1/2 weeks late and negative pregnancy test [ 43 Answers ]

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test at home when my period was 9 days late and it was negative. I have never missed a period before or been late, EVER! I am now 12 days late but want to wait until Sunday to take another one to be sure. I have had very light cramping for the past 2 and a half weeks along...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

My period is late but negative tests! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I am 25 and trying to get pregnant have not stressed about it at all. This month is so weird though Ihad my period on the 24 of January with spotting 4 days before. My cycle is always 31-36 days long and I am on day 37 but my period was supposed to be on the 26 of February. I use...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search