Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines?
    Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek.

I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even using SPF 100 and seeking shade whenever possible my skin couldn't help but frying under the tropical sun, oh well. The sun or age spots are mostly on my shoulders, and a few on my nose, along with shoulder tan lines I'd rather not have.

Since then I have tried: Hydroquinone 4% creams (including Triluma) which did absolutely nothing. Glycolic Acid peels, at 70% on shoulders and 30% on face for a month which accomplished... well, nothing either. Plus an Alpha Arbutin gel which did exactly the same as the two previous things.

It's been around 3 months already and I'm sick and tired of all the trial and error. I realize that nothing - except maybe laser resurfacing - will fade sun damage overnight, but SOME results would be nice after all the time and money wasted on those products.

I've read good reviews about Derma E Skin Lighten (with licorice and vitamins A C D E) online, so I might try that one next. I've also read about many other stuff (kojic acid for example) but I'd like to know if anyone here was successful with any products besides the ones I've mentioned above. Soooo... any advice..
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Skin Lightening, including the removal of dark spots, freckles, etc. are a very popular question on our site, and we have developed a few 'stickies' to help people answer these questions:

Skin Lightening FAQ

This site has a pretty good list of products people research for their lightening needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spots [ 3 Answers ]

I had a spot near my vagina, a big spot with a white head. :confused: It happened twice to me, in a space of a year. It hurt and was uncomfortable when I walked. It sounds disgusting I know, but how and what makes a spot with a white head appear down there? Im clean and wash every day, and...

Spots [ 1 Answers ]

I have spots on my chest and on my upper legs, they don't seem to go how hard I scrub or anything I use they don't seem to go, the ones on legs appeared and I am getting loads appearing on my legs for some reason. Can anyone recommed some cream or something what is specifically designed for the...

Spots [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hello, My dog has blackish greyish spots on the back of her tongue. There are about 4 or 5 of them and I was wandering is this normal in a lab or huskie or could this be a serious problem? Thank you.

Age spots, discoloration and sagging skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have lots of age spots and discoloration and sagging skin can someone suggest the best skin lightner and antiaging product on the market please Thanks

Spots [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16 years old and have had 'acne' for as long as I can remember.. Ive tried lots of things, spent hundreds of dollars on my skin but nothing has worked... I want to be able to wake up next to some one and not worry about having white heads on my face! Some one please help me?!

View more questions Search