Ask
    ratpick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
    How do you pinch a lacrosse stick
    How do I pinch a lacrosse stick?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 12:27 AM
    From the following site: The Lacrosse Forums - Stick Tech FAQ (read before posting)

Pinch

This just means how wide or narrow the face of the head is constructed. Some people like heads that are very wide, some like heads where the ball can barely fit through it.

A wider head, is simply easier for catching with. Wider heads also usually have a wider scooping area (atop the stick), making groundballs easier. The downfall of wider heads is that its harder to cradle with. Which is the main advantange of pinched heads. Players who feel comfortable catching passes can use a pinched, or narrow head. It takes less effort cradling and controlling the ball with a pinched head, simply because there's less space for the battle to rattle around in. As an attackman, I use a pretty pinched head (a finalizer), since I feel comfortable catching passes, and I like to have an upper hand in ball control.

In general, defensemen want a wider head to intercept passes with, attackmen want a pinched head for ball control, and middies used something in between. But hey, it varies from player to play. The Revo Pro is a very popular defensive head and its very pinched.
    laxgoalie77 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:06 AM
    If you want to pinch your lacrosse stick you can do a couple of ways. The easiest way of doing it is by putting your stick flat on the ground, stepping on the mesh, and pulling up the shaft. This will make you head a little bit more pinched. The next way is you can have you stick down like your taking a faceoff and just doing that but the head gets bent most of the times. The last way is you can take the head wrap it around fishing line and put it in your freezer. My friend did it that way and it came out so pinched because he didn't do it carefully so I wouldn't recommend doing that way.
    bodychecker111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
    I did the samething I love it =)
    bodychecker111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 10:45 AM

1)take 3 pieces or string/rope. 2)boil or put in microwave(note)if your putting it in the microwave put in for 45 seconds. 3)take out and lay on bed,cloth,etc... 4)put in freezer and don't freeze it because you head will lose its hardness. 5)untie the string/rope and GO AND PLAY THE BEST SPORT EVER!!
    doworklax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Best way to pinch a lacrosse head is to tape a rope and wrap it around to desired width, then pull it a bit tighter so its just smaller then what you want. On a warm day, leave it in your car, I do it in the back window where it gets very hot in the direct sun. Leave it in there for the day, and take it out to cool in your house for the night. Let it sit though the night with the rope still pinching it so it sets. The next day you can untie it and it will expand a little bit, (which is what you compensated for when tying it). Now your ready to rock! You may have to do this two or three times throughout the season because it will eventually work back out to its original form, but the more you do it, the more it will form to your specs! Been doing this for 8 years, and it has never done me wrong! I've tried the freezer before, but it has made my head a bit brittle and snapped on me within a week of doing so.
    Hope it works!
    doworklax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Best way to pinch a lacrosse head is to tape a rope and wrap it around to desired width, then pull it a bit tighter so its just smaller then what you want. On a warm day, leave it in your car, I do it in the back window where it gets very hot in the direct sun. Leave it in there for the day, and take it out to cool in your house for the night. Let it sit though the night with the rope still pinching it so it sets. The next day you can untie it and it will expand a little bit, (which is what you compensated for when tying it). Now your ready to rock! You may have to do this two or three times throughout the season because it will eventually work back out to its original form, but the more you do it, the more it will form to your specs! Been doing this for 8 years, and it has never done me wrong! I've tried the freezer before, but it has made my head a bit brittle and snapped on me within a week of doing so.
    Hope it works!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 04:40 PM
    Very old thread that is now archived, so not generally visible unless someone happens to visit the forum topic area where it's located, or is notified that there's activity on the thread because they've already posted on it.

If you have a new question or comments that you'd like to make and want them to get noticed the most, then it would be best if you would start a new thread.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Popularity of lacrosse [ 1 Answers ]

What does lacrosse rank in the worlds most popular sports?:confused:

WIll she stick with me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My Girlfreind had to move with her dad out of state yesterday.I am so confused about how my relationship with my girlfriend will turn out. She says she will wait for me at college. But I can't help but wonder if she will fall for another guy. She says she loves me and will wait for me. But...

Peel and stick [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to put peel and stick on an already tiled floor. The tiling was well done so I don't want to tear it up. It's just ugly for my taste. How can I pull this off?

Should people stick to what they know? [ 22 Answers ]

Should people post in forums they know little about if others with good backgrounds are active there?

Lacrosse, Soccer, and Hockey [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone talk about how these sports are related?

View more questions Search