Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    support Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Charity name
    Which charity can I write to get help with finance help for low paid family, need to buy furnitures and a holiday and help with getting central heating installed
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Help with a holiday? If there were such a charity everyone would be signed up.

This site, charity navigator, reviews charities that will help with utilities. Not sure if there is something similar for furniture, look for second hand if you can't find a charity for that

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...w/cpid/276.htm
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 4, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I am not sure any charity will pay for a holiday for you, just because you are low paid! I might be wrong, but I have never heard of that happening! As for furniture, best thing to do is look for charities, or businesses that sell second hand furniture cheaply. In the UK where I am we have a large furniture depot run by Age concern, who sell very cheapy brand new and second hand furniture for anybody, but will negotiate cheaper prices for people who are not well off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 01:58 PM
    In the US, you can work with the salvation army or the Goodwill for funiture. As for central heat, sorry but most don't have this, if you own the home, you may see if the utilitiy company will put on in on payments

As for the holiday ? Do you mean vacation? Or like Christmas
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I do not know what thrift stores you have where you live and who they are run by. But many of them can work with you, once you identify yourself and put in an application for aid. This is for furniture, clothing, and food. Basics. Central heating is not a basic, it is still considered a luxury. Same with having a holiday. Unless there is someone in the family with a terminal illness such as cancer - you might find an organization that will grant that wish. Such as Make-A-Wish Foundation (for children).

You can check with your local United Way - if you are in the U.S. to find the non profit aid associations. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I apply for Charity Care [ 4 Answers ]

I've tried searching the internet, including the web sites of various local hospitals but I cannot find the information I need. I know that Charity Care is available in Maryland for people who simply cannot pay for medical care. I just need to find out how to apply - is it through the state? Or...

Sponsorship donations for charity event [ 0 Answers ]

If I am working with a non-profit 501c3 event such as a dinner to raise $ for this nonprofit group and I offer "sponsorship" options or "ads" in our program, and I want to ask for X amount of money for Gold Sponsorship and have a portion be tax-deductible and go directly to the charity with the...

Charity/donation vs. Work for non profit organization [ 2 Answers ]

Hi If I provided a work for non profit with a discounted rate (approx. 20%), can I put Down the discounted amount in Charity/Donation sector? This was how I and My non-profit client negotiated the pricing when we began the work relationship, And I would like to check if this is really...

Retail charity marketing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm interested to know if anyone has statistical facts on how retail marketing is affected by the affiliation of a charitable cause in that marketing. If a retailer gives some of their profit to a charity, do they sell more merchandise and it so, is it a lot more? Why?

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search