Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blink808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Muffled hearing
    Yesterday, on 05/03/07, around 2:30p.m. I was shooting guns with a friend of mine when at some point I removed my ear muffs to do something, and my friend not knowing I did so fired off one right after another 3 or 4 rounds about a foot away from my right side. But just before he started to shoot I covered up my ears just as fast as I could with my hands, but I still felt the sharp ring/sting feeling in them almost immediately. I can still hear fine but there's a slight muffled feel kind of like it's in the back part of my head, behind my ears with a low ring, and when I talk now in a high pitch there's a crackling sound after what is said. My question is will this eventually go away? Is there something I can do? This is still happening right now.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 4, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Usually this type of damage is temporary, but you should check with a audiologist to make sure nothing permant was done.
    blink808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Yesterday, on 5/3/07, around 2:30p.m. I was shooting guns with a friend of mine when at some point I removed my ear muffs to do something, and my friend not knowing I did so fired off one right after another 3 or 4 rounds about a foot away from my right side. But just before he started to shoot I covered up my ears just as fast as I could with my hands, but I still felt the sharp ring/sting feeling in them almost immediately. I can still hear fine but there's a slight muffled feel kind of like it's in the back of my head, behind my ears with a low ring, and when I talk now in a high pitch there's a crackling sound after what is said. My question is will this eventually go away? Is there something I can do? This is still happening right now.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

May 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Usually this type of damage is temporary, but you should check with a audiologist to make sure nothing permant was done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment hearing [ 2 Answers ]

My husband went to court in January 2003 due to a collection agency known as Asset Acceptance. They didn't show up and the Judge ordered $100 a month be paid to them. We have made the monthly payments faithfully until September of this year. I wrote them and told them he was unemployed and the...

Muffled hearing [ 4 Answers ]

Hello and thank you in advance to any help, 2 weeks ago I woke up with muffled hearing. I took some Sudafed and cleaned my ears with Similsan ear cleaning drops. The problem got better but then came back. I saw a doctor. She checked my ears. No wax and my inner ear color was good so likely...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

Hearing Annoyance [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having trouble hearing in my left ear. If I plug my right ear, my voice sounds more high pitched (like a little girl talking in a fan). This has happened more than once and I've noticed that draining out my ears help. I've seen the doctor and she says that everything looks fine but if it's...

View more questions Search