Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1harvestworker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Health Insurance assistance for elder
    My mother is 60 yrs. Old and is currently not employed. She does not have any medical insurance an by the way she's feeling I'm pretty sure she's going to be needing it. "Soon".
    Is there a government program where help is extended to 60+ for health insurance, medication, etc? Any help is much appreciated.:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Are you in the US? Has she checked out Medicare? For prescriptions you can contact www.pparx.org
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 09:19 AM
    If you are in the US and she is low income there is medicaid and she can check with social services. If she is disabled there is under age medicare

There are discount health programs that gives discount on doctor and hosptial bills that cost as low as 50 dollars a month for an entire family.
    But in general she will just need to purchase some health insurance,

In the US that is why so many americans don't have health insurance, they can't afford to pay the premium for the insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend just recently had an accident where his hand went through a glass pane. He ended up tearing three tendons. This required one night of hospital stay and surgery. He then has to go to rehab for it. Unfortunately, he was just cut off his parent's insurance, and so he does not...

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search