Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

May 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
    BHO being installed on Internet
    Hi. I'm not sure if this question has been asked. Every time I close the internet spyware pops up and says a BHO (browser helper object) is being intsalled on internet. Do you want to intall? I say block installation and then it asks me if I want to sweep. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Why do I keep getting this message? How do I know if this is a good thing or bad? I am assuming this is not a good thing because spyware will automatically block it if I don't.
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2007, 06:52 AM
    What Anti Spyware applications do you have installed?

There are a number of common reasons things are trying to be installed:
    1) You are visiting an infected website.
    2) You are infected by adware, spyware, or some other infection that is connecting to, and attempting to install items from remote servers.
    3) You are using rogueware that is giving exaggerated reports.

You may also want to provide any running process names, as this will help me identify what is causing the alerts.

May 5, 2007, 07:31 AM
    I need to clarify-I said every time I log off the internet "spyware" pops up. I meant to say "spy sweeper". We have webroot spy sweeper. Every single time I log off internet it says bho being installed. The name is IEEXPLORE.EXE. Is this what you're asking?

May 5, 2007, 07:45 AM
    IEEXPLORE.EXE
    If the path is something along the lines of: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieexplore.exe
    Then it is more than likely legit.

If you happen to have a name of the BHO, that would help greatly.
    Do you have HijackThis?
    If so, please get me a log, it will help me ID BHO's

May 5, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Name: ieframe.dll? Is that the name? Not sure.

May 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Ieframe.dll is one of the application extensions that Internet Explorer Uses.

Unless it's detecting any threats, sometimes a BHO can be considered any addons by common internet services, or anti-virus services.

It may be detecting a change for your ISP or something.
    It's hard to tell without logs and everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot find adware that is installed [ 4 Answers ]

I had to agree to some adware to download a program I wanted, believing that I could just uninstall it later as I have done before, but this time it is very well hidden. I have done everything I know but cannot find what is causing popup windows putting ads in my face. I have run AVG, I have run...

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Have the vent installed already [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your respones speedball. A few years back we had some work done to the upstairs bathroom and had the vent exstended down to the basement. It's a 3inch pvc pipe that is sticking down from the upstairs floor and about 15 to 20 feet from where we are going to add the toilet and shower. The...

Installed a new blower in furnace [ 5 Answers ]

I have installed a new blower motor and the motor blows to fast and cuts off three to four times a cycle. Any help?

Just installed a new sink, faucet, and... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can someone help? We just installed a new sink and faucet. We had to replace some of the pvc pipes to fit the new sink. The pipe fitting went well, but the sink drain is leaking from the gasket underneath. It is also leaking where the sink drain pipe leads into the pvc trap. Everything seems...

View more questions Search