Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeeBee_78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Violation of Probation for DUI 2nd offense
    Hello all~
    My ex-boyfriend currently violated his probation regarding his 2nd DUI and spent 30 days in jail. The terms of his probation when he had his hearing on 04/25/07 was not to drink and was scheduled to go into a two week rehab facility. I was not with him, so his story I am guessing is inaccurate. He was at his brother and sister's house the day before and day of. He was not allowed into the rehab program because he did not pass the breathalizer test at the facility and he informed me he had mouthwash before he went; later the story changed and he did tell me that he did have drinks on Saturday. I spoke with him on Monday and told him to contact his PO, which he did. He now is scheduled to be in court on Monday, 05/07/07.

So, my question is, he is in violation of his probation, what could happen? Could they reschedule him to go back into the rehab 2-wk program, a stricter rehab or jail time? Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Would it be helpful it I contacted his PO and spoke to her that jail is not the answer for him? I feel bad because he is turning 30 this month and would hate to see such a young life wasted.

Oh, he lives in MA, where I am guessing with Melanie's law, is extremely strict.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Hello Lee:

If you called his probation officer and told her that jail in not for him, you're going to make her day. She's going to laugh and laugh. They think jail is good for everybody!!

Yes, he's in violation again, and they'll probably make him do 60 days this time. I hate to see such a young life wasted too, but who is the one whose wasting it?? Certainly not the court.

excon
    LeeBee_78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Thank you for your response. I know it is him wasting it... it's too bad. Is there anything he can do to not go to jail, enter himself into a 3 month rehab facility? He understands that he has a problem and does want to correct it, unfortunately with the law involved it makes it tougher to make it right.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Hello again, lee:

In my view, if they want him in jail, that's where he's going to go. A lawyer could intervene, if you can afford one. Will it help? It might.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for a dui [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got senteced to 4 years in state prison for violating his probation . I know that he broke the law and should be punished but I'm really curious as to can they really make him serve that long in prison. I guess they can but I reallly want to know is there anything he can do to get...

DUI probation interlock violation [ 7 Answers ]

First Ill say what I did was incredibly stupid... Saturday night I drank a 12 pack at home, and Sunday morning at 11 I had an interview for a new job. I tried to start my interlock 3 times and failed and results in a violation reset. Wednesday morning I have to go to the Interlock garage and...

DUI and probation [ 2 Answers ]

My Boyfriend Got Arrested For A Dui He Is On Probation For 3 Years He Got 18 More Months To Do.he Refuse To Take That Breathing Test ,will He Get Revoked Is His First Dui.

First DUI and on probation [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my first DUI and on probation for 3years. Can I still go to the bar and drink but not drive? Or just stay at home and drink?

Probation for DUI now consumption citation [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested and charged in Carter County with DUI on January 30th of 2006.. I've made all my payments, been to all my probation meetings and was going to be coming off this coming January.. but 3 nights ago I was caught and cited with underage consumption at a nightclub in Washington County....

View more questions Search