Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123456789aaaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Stolen car
    My car was stolen the insurance comp and gap paid it off it has now been recovered undamaged do I have to pay for it
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 3, 2007, 07:30 PM
    At this point, from what you've already said, it's paid for, by the ins company and the "gap" ins company, so it's their vehicle techically. Why not ask both them and the lienholder, if there is a lienholder, what you should do to get your veh back, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 09:03 PM
    In general after the insurance company paid you for it, they actually now own it, since it would be similar to being "totaled"
    So you would have to turn the car over to them. IF you wish to keep the car , yes most likely some buyback would have to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Proof Of Insurance.Car stolen.No Fault [ 5 Answers ]

My car was recently stolen without me knowing and I found this out because it was up town on the side of the road. Apparently the person that stole was hit in the front by an older lady as he was going through a green light. They still haven't caught the man that stole my car. What happens now...

Stolen car recovered [ 2 Answers ]

My car was stolen 4 months ago I reported it to the police I found out about a week ago it was recovered and put into someone else's name. I was never informed by anyone that my car was found now my car has been stripped and crushed and can get no answers from the police as to why I was never told...

Stolen Phone? [ 1 Answers ]

Cell phone was stolen and someone racked up a healthy bill calling guatemala until I cancelled it a day later... I have the numbers they were calling there... is there anything I can do about it..

Stolen money [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to...

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

View more questions Search