Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HoneyEyez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Paternity Testing
    If a mother does not list a father on her baby's birth certificate, does she have to submit her child to a DNA test if a man requests it. She is also not interested in child support at all.

May 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I forgot to mention that the mother was not married. And never has been to the alleged father.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I don't believe she has to submit to the test only on the basis of his request. Now, however, if he goes to court and it is court ordered, then yes, she must submit to the testing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
    No there is no requirement if he just asks her to, If he files a motion in court for visitation or partial custody, and asks for a DNA test to pove that he is the father, if the court issues a order for the test she will have to allow it.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 3, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Even though the mother may not be interested in listing the father or getting child support the father does have rights. He may have to go to court or child support enforcement to get an order for paternity test. If the mother does not agree... court order is the only way to prove paternity and get visitation, etc. In the end he has to assert himself to obtain rights due to the logistics of biology (woman giving birth). Not being married to mom does not mean he doesn't have rights. Just going to be a different route to enforce rights. Cathy

May 8, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Thanks For The Insight. I Really Don't Think That I Will Push The Issue. He Doesn't Want To Pay Child Support So I Don't Think He Will Push The Issue Either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

By law who can ask for paternity test. is aknoldgement of paternity enough? Can guardian ask for test?

Paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and my child is due today but I'm not 100% sure who the father is! And I don't have any possible way of getting the money for a paternity test wich is desperately needed. Is there any way of getting a paternity test done for free?

Paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can a grandfather be tested for paternity of grandchild to see if his son is the father. The father is not available for testing.

Dna paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cheapest way to go to get a paternity test done?can I get a paternity test done for free?

Adult paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

Does an adult (Daughter) have the right to a paternity test from an unwilling (father) parent?

View more questions Search