Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moe14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2005, 12:38 AM
    Gaining weight without getting fat
    OK about half a year ago when I was 160lbs had a really bad case of acid reflux and I threw up a lot because I never went to see a doctor and I didn't know how to treat it, but saw a doctor and now I'm on prevacid and all is goood except I lost a lot of nutrients and I could see my ribs a lot and I became more boney and I'm like 130lbs and 14 years old now so I lost 30lbs but I've been eating not very nutritious foods and been getting fat and the least thing I want is to be fat and bony so I'm starting to exercise and do crunches everyday so my question is what should I eat so that I can gain my weight back without it being fat. Thanks
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2005, 12:50 AM
    Good Foods
    Hey

You can't expect to eat 'not very nutritious' foods and not get fat. I don't know exactly what foods you are eating, but it sounds like junk food which is loaded with saturated fat, the 'bad' fat that does nothing but sit around on your body.

I'd recommed eating plenty of vegetables, fruit, meat, fish & carbohydrates like bread (which you need to build muscle).

You also need to excerise regularly to turn any fat you have into muscle (which actually weighs more than fat, but looks a lot better!).

Hope that helps

Star :)
    michimichi Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Honestly, if you go to McDonalds and other Junk shops. Threw it up and take some vitamin supplement. ;)

Just eat normal. You already doing exercise so your body really needs nutrition. Go here to get more infos for health food http://www.mypyramid.gov/
    going crazy in st pete Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 08:08 PM
    1st of all, you can't turn fat into muscle. If you want to gain "quality" weight, you need to continue with the exercise. I don't know what kind of exercise you are doing, but to gain muscle, you are going to need to concentrate on weight training with some moderate cardio. As far as food goes, I'd eat a lot of veggies, fruits, lean meats such as turkey, chicken, tuna, salmon. You can throw some red meats in there as well, but still try to buy some of the leaner cuts of red meat. As far as fats go, you have some good options out there. Remember, not all fat is bad fat. Fish oil and flax seed oils are great for overall health. Other oils such as olive oil, safflower, sunflower are good too.
    When I am trying to gain weight I will up my protein first. I will try to get in at least 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. I work work out with weights a lot and that is 1st and foremost for me. I will up my carbs, but make them quaility carbs, in the form of veggies, wheat pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, fruits and light yogurts. I also use protein powders and that is when I will add a tablespoon of flax oil or I will down 3-5 fish oils capsules.
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Dec 9, 2005, 09:50 PM
    You need to carbo/protien load then do a good exercise every day, eat all the basics, but on the days you exercise, eat EXTRA crabs the protein. Don't forget drink lots of water and milk, and stretch before and AFTER exercise.

I knowa guy on swim team, didn't stretch after any workout, and his pectorals were pulling in from tightening and not relaxing so much he need P.T. (Physical Therapy) now for about 2 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Face cuts , while gaining Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I would like to ask how to make my face not GROW fat ? Whenever I put on weight , even if it's LI'L , I put it on my face pretty quicklly , so as I'm into weight training , I WOULD like to ask how to keep my face in the same way while gaining weight , I've heard that chewing up gum helps and...

Gaining dual Greek/American [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to obtain dual Greek/American for an entire family? jhaltom511

Gaining the trust of my parents [ 10 Answers ]

What's up, I use to be pretty trustworthy, but just the other night I got busted being drunk off my feet. So now my parents don't trust me at the moment. How can I gain their trust back. Becausee really I don't drink that often it just came up one night and I guess I took advantage of it. But...

Weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old 6'2'' boy. I have always been skinny my entire life but now am beginning to get a little chubby. Just in the past month I have gone from 160 lbs to 180 lbs with no change in exercise or diet. Is there any reason for this jump in weight

How much weight? [ 1 Answers ]

How much weight should I lose if I am 1.82cm tall and I weigh 80kg? I want to be thinner, because I have quite a fat stomach... thanks

View more questions Search