Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopez1954 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Replacing the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry
    Can anyone out there tell me how to replace the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry. Is this something I can do myself or should I take it in to the dealer. I am fairly handy but need to know if I have to remove the door panel. It is the drivers door handle.
    I would appreciate any help. Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Yes, the door panel will have to come off. It's not too difficult but takes a little finesse. There are clips inside the panel you can't see as well as various fasteners. If you really want to tackle it yourself let me know and I try to walk you through it. See my profile.
    lopez1954 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Yes if you want to try to walk me through this I can give it a try, at least the general aspects of it. I know I need to remove the inside door handle first by placing a small flat screwdriver between the frame and handle but I get lost after that
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 03:35 PM
    The bezel around the door handle is the trickiest part, because it breaks easy, but if you have a pocket screwdriver, and slip it in the bottom left side first (between the handle and bezel) and pry gently, you'll see it pop out. Do the same for the top.
    Don't forget the 2 buttons on the side. They have a push in center to release the claw and pry out.
    There's a hidden screw just above the bottom pocket behind a little pop out cover. Leave the master switch and harness attached and just let the whole panel 'hang' by the harness while you replace the handle. You can easily handle this with these tips from the pro's.
    Regards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

1996 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the bulb in the left tail light of my 1996 Toyota camry. Can someone help me out with this, I do not have a manual and am sure it is very easy. Thanks

96 toyota camry stereo amp [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the amp located and how do I get to it?

View more questions Search