Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asigi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Dissertation topics
    I am studying masters of art in human resource management and will like to write concerning retention issues. Could you pleasr give some guidelines and possible issues regarding such subject matter?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 3, 2007, 08:05 AM
    It is becoming more common for companies to require employees to sign a penalty agreement if they leave their position within a certain number of years. For example, a friend of mine is a pilot and will soon be trained for a newer, larger aircraft. This will result in a higher salary but he must sign a $25,000 bond that comes due if he leaves within 5 years. You might consider researching how often these binds are enforced and how many end up in the courtroom. Just a thought.
    hansda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 03:42 PM

Can I have dissertation topic in HR in Outsourcing?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 3, 2009, 08:11 AM

Hansda you need to start a new question with your request.

Asigi,

Retention issues is one of Human Resources challenges.

It actually starts with recruiting and hiring.

You need to hire the right person to avoid turnover and to retain good employees. If the wrong person is hired for the job no amount of incentive or training will change the fact that the wrong person is in the position.

So a good HR director must learn to spot and develop people who fit with the job description and company culture. This is very important. If the person can do the job but does not fit with the company culture than they will not be able to work with other employees in a smooth and productive manner.

Review job descriptions with the jobs performed. Find out what if any training is needed to push the employee to peak performance and satisfaction in their jobs. If the employee gets satisfaction from his job he will stay with the job and he is a happy productive employee.

Promote and cultivate good managers. I have heard that 80% of people leave a company because of a bad manager or bad company management. Managers need to be trained in Communication, Team Building, Performance management and how to develop employees on the job to reach their potential.

Making sure that the employee has a good work environment goes far to retain good employees. Breaks and vacation time are very important. Your employees need time to rest to be at their best on the job. If you push them too far they will leave. If they can achieve a good work/family balance they will stay and be good employees.

You can force employees to work long hours for their salaries and you can cut breaks short and give short lunch hours or even no breaks. All these are legal, but they do not promote loyalty, produce happy productive workers or promote retention.

It cost about 25X an employee's salary to replace him with another employee, this is a huge expense.

Communicate with the employees, engage them in the business of the company, involve them in the business through suggestion boxes, employee of the month, other incentive programs.

The bottom line really is if you wish to retain good employees you must be a good manager and management must care about their employees. If the management of the company cares about their employees they will wish to do their best for the company.

Shirley
    yoshini77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:27 AM

Hi can I have Dissertation titile concerning motivation
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 5, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Yoshini you need to start a new question and you will get answers.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HR Dissertation Topics [ 10 Answers ]

Can you please recommend to me Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics?

J2EE topics [ 3 Answers ]

How are each different from one another( I mean servlets,jsp,EJB,struts,JSF)

Evaluating Technical Topics Relating to OS's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know a good issue today dealing with operating systems that a business must deal with? To clarify, I am writing a paper in which a fictitious company must provide a report to its management evaluating a problem that needs solved relating to operating systems in some way. We're...

Help topics for index missing [ 1 Answers ]

help Please, I used the windows washer prog and now my help index topics is blank and all that is there is a red x. I tried restore but no luck tried the reg bckup on win wash but no luck I tried to install pchealth.inf from my os cd still no luck I am stumpped. Any suggestions. Need...

View more questions Search