Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ganney21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Strong smell of ramps in house
    We have a very strong smell of ramps in our house. We have checked under house in the crawl space and there is nothing growing under the house. Was wondering if the smell could be coming from under the front porch of the house, no access from the crawl space, or from where could the smell be from? The smell is starting to get in the fabrics in the living room, so what can we do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Not to be disrespectful, but it would help to know what you mean by "ramps?" I have never heard that term used before concerning something that smelled.
    ganney21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Ramps smell like wild onions.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2007, 06:49 PM
    If it is a plant them it could be growing under the porch. If you have access to the porch spray it with a weed killer like round up and then sprinkle a good dose of granular caseron. Be sure you do not want ANYTHING to grow there again for a while. We did this in a weed ridden bed and had to wait two years for anything to grow there again...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong soap/sweet smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Although I have read much information re: smelly sewer smells in bathrooms and how to correct, I haven't been able to figure out the source/solution for the very strong soapy/sweet detergent like smell in my master bedroom ensuite. My house is just two years old and we noticed this after living...

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Tile on exterior handucapped ramps [ 2 Answers ]

Are there national guidelines for using tile on outside handicapped ramps on Restaurants?

Sewage Smell All Over the House [ 3 Answers ]

I have read all of the forums posted on this subject, but none seem to relate to my exact problem. My dad and I built this house in 2002. The plumber we hired was very good. My plumbing is all in the concrete slab. However, I am getting a sewage smell throughout the house with no obvious...

Strong urine smell (new house) [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new home that was built in 2002/2003. For the past year, there is a strong musty/urine smell in the guest bathroom. This bathroom is used regularly. It is also very clean. The only thing that I can figure is that it is right next to where the lift station is buried. Could this be...

View more questions Search