Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2005, 10:55 AM
    I want to play
    Hi! I am 24 years old, and my dream has always been to play basketball. I am not sure I am good enough to play in the wnba, and I am not eligible for college basketball because I already have a bachelor degree, and now I am preparing a master degree.
    I really want to know if there is a way I could make it, evan though it would be in europe...
    Thank you for your help!
    mimiss
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2005, 10:55 PM
    Practice
    HI Maybe you can try to get on one of the practice team at a local college and enhance your game. A friend of mine did that for 2 years and ended up playing in europe for 3 years. It worth a try. GOOD LUCK
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2005, 10:41 AM
    There is still a chance
    mimiss,

YOU SAID:
    Hi! I am 24 years old, and my dream has always been to play basketball. I am not sure I am good enough to play in the wnba, and I am not eligible for college basketball because I already have a bachelor degree, and now I am preparing a master degree.
    I really want to know if there is a way I could make it, evan though it would be in europe...
    Thank you for your help!
    mimiss

MY RESPONSE:
    Jaheim makes a good point. Getting on a college practice team is a great way to measure your skills, but that's only a beginning.

If your height is below average or average, you might want to try getting on the practice team of a Division 2 or Division 3 college instead of Division 1. If your height is above average and your skills excellent, you can go for a division 1 college practice team. When your skills are where you feel good about them, move up to Division 1, or contact the staff of a few WNBA teams and ask if they have "minor-league" or "farm-teams". That's your next step. Then, if you're good enough, they'll pull you up to the WNBA. If not, try Europe, but don't give up with one "farm-team"; try several.

Take it in small steps. Make the steps challenging, yet attainable.

Oldcoach
    andonefreestyle Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2005, 09:49 PM
    Old coach
    Me my dream is to play in the NBA but how can I get there I'm still only 15 years old and its really hard no metter how good you are but my dad said if I go play for my country then a scout comes its easier what do you say??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to play tmp files [ 7 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

Cannot Play Midi Files [ 1 Answers ]

When I get an e-mail that say's turn up the volume to hear this--I can't hear anything--I have the volume turned up loud, and no mute buttons on--I can play cd's on here, but cannot hear the e-mails--thank you for any help

Some Players Play Big [ 3 Answers ]

Please Respond if you have ideas: My 14-year-old son is a 6-0 point guard and holds his own very well on the outside. However, he just can't compete when he gets inside, even if he is going against players smaller than he is. On the other hand, there are 5-11 players on his team that seem to be...

View more questions Search