Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdubrow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side
    I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel of the freezer, a patch about 7 inches in diameter. I have cleaned the condenser assembly as much as I could. I have already tried powering the device of and back on but it did not help.

I have the refrigerator set to 34 degrees but it does not cool.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 3, 2007, 01:34 PM
    If you have frost on the freezer coil, you probably have a defrost problem. Your freezer should go into a defrost cycle about twice a day. When this happens the compressor and fans shut off and a defrost heater in the freezer coil will turn on heating away the ice. This usually last 10 - 20 minutes. If the defrost coil doesn't defrost it will become a solid block of ice and this will inturn block the air from blowing into your refrigerator compartment. There are several things that can go wrong with the defrost cycle such as the defrost timer, defrost heater, or the defrost termination thermostat.
    bdubrow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 06:51 PM
    After defrosting the coils with a hair dryer, they have not frozen up again in several days. I did notice that the air diffuser in the refrigerator side does not seem to open by itself. It is not broken physically. If I open the luevers manually, eventually they will close and not reopen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Kenmore side by side refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We Clean Behind The Front Grill, But Are There Condenser Coils In The Back, Too?

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search