Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taterbradley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Thermostat Wiring
    I am having similar thermostat problem as krich22774 had on 4/16. I installed the Honeywell RTH230B thermostat during the winter and the heat worked fine. Now when I turn on the A/C nothing happens.

I have 5 wires coming from the wall. I started with the following setup:

Rh-Red
    Rc-Blue
    W-W
    Y-Y
    G-G

After switching to the following I got A/C working correctly, but no heat.

Rh-Blue
    Rc-Red
    W-W
    Y-Y
    G-G

After switching to the following both A/C and Furnace turned on.

Rh-Blue
    Rc-Jumper
    W-W
    Y-Y
    G-G

After switching to the following I got nothing to work.

Rh-Blue
    Rc-Jumper
    W-W
    Y-nothing
    G-G

I have a Bryant 350AAV furnace and a Bryant 561CJ030-E outside A/C unit. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 07:20 PM
    RC-RH... install jumper and red wire

W-W

G-G

Y-Y

Leave the blue unhooked
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Jumper needs to be between RH and RC and hook your red wire to one of the two
    taterbradley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 09:01 AM
    This worked. Thanks a lot.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Not a preoblem! If you would, I would appreciate it if you rated me by clicking the button below

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

HI to everyone-- my older trane thermostat model taystat241 has a 5 wire hook-up Y1=yello W1=white--W2=blue--G=green--R=red----I want to hook up a honeywell RTH7500 programmable in it's place Need to know the best way, I'm confused by the guide!

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a used central AC unit in my garage that a friend gave me. After trying unsuccessfully to install the thermostat (I couldn't figure out where the 3 wires went) I bought a new Honeywell ct31 manual thermostat at Walmart figuring that I would be getting a schematic or wiring...

Please Help!-thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires coming out of the wall: blue, yellow, red, white, and green. My thermostat only has 2 wires: red and black. How do I wire them to make my Central Air work?

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Hunter programmable model 44260 and trying to replace an old Honeywell for my heat and air system. The Hunter directions don't talk about a W1 & W2 terminals that the old one has.The Honeywell is wired like this - White wire on W1 ,blue onW2, green on the G, Red on Rc & Rh which are...

Thermostat wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new thermostat. The old one just controlled heat, and my idiot brother-in-law (who works for trane btw) somehow rigged it to work the heat and air. The wiring for the heat was pretty self explanitory, but the wires to the air are not labeled and I have no idea which is which. Can...

View more questions Search