Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    severedLims Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Soda Pop Fizz
    Hi,
    I am trying to complete my science project and I am doing it on the Soda Pop and its fizz.

I used Powder Citric Acid, C6H8O7, and Baking Soda, NaHCO3, what is the resulting chemical reaction on this?

Is it C6H8O7 + NaHCO3 -> C6H9O8Na + CO2

I normally used 1 to 1 ratio but is it better if I use 2 Citric Acid to 1 Baking Soda?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Cavan
    pwd77 Posts: 185, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2007, 06:26 AM
    1:1 should be fine, as citric acid has 3 equivalents of acid per molecule, but has about 2-1/2 times the molecular weight, so that is about right.

There is a little more info at this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extinction Pop [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody can tell me about the word "extinction pop: refer to

Ratio of baking soda/baking powder to plainf flour [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Australian cookie recipe that calls for self raising flour and I do not have any.. what ratio of baking powder should I add to the regular flour to make it "self raising' Many thanks

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

Dog Ate Soda Bottle [ 1 Answers ]

I gave my dog a small soda bottle with dog treats inside to play with and keep her occupied. We've done this many times. I can't find the bottle anywhere. IF she ate The entire bottle, what do I need to watch for? :confused:

Pop-Ups [ 5 Answers ]

How can I block pop-up ads on windows-98? I can't even use computer for all of them?

View more questions Search