Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pavlisan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Roof damage
    30 days ago we purchases a house, and made our 1st payment this month. Needless to say our rood is pretty much caving in... is there anything we can do? Can we go after the seller? Do anything with our insurance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Was there a home warranty included in your closing ?

This should have been found during your home inspection, what did the home inspector report say about it ?

IF there is no storm or no wind damage, just house falling in, no insurance does not cover that. And if you bought the house as is basically, and had a chance to do a home inspection ( even if you did not)
    Normally unless you can prove they knew about it, but lied to you, there is little you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this Roof Damage Covered? [ 3 Answers ]

Some background: Last summer my Mom's house (in another city) was damaged in a wide spread hail storm area. She noticed dent damage On an aluminum awning and I asked her to call the insurance people to come out and look. They sent out an adjuster Who inspected and told her the...

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

Damage and loss. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

View more questions Search