Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pc909 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Locked out of computer
    Hi there I have the operating system windows xp and My son has a limited account which I am on now but I can't do anything on the computer on a limited account as I have forgotton the password to my adminstartor account therefore cannot access it and can't do a reinstall as my data is on there ( work ) I will lose 10,000 worth of work is there anything I can do
    Adamski Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Hi
    Boot into safe mode and log on as administrator you can then create a new account and grant full rights to it.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Surely you would need the administrator password to log on as administrator?
    Pc909 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Yes lord you would normally however safe mode has a unlocked administator account on their what you can edit from
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 4, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Well I just learned something new. That's a huge hole in Windows security; I don't remember any mention of it when I installed Windows XP - I guess it makes my password completely useless if someone knows about how to do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locked out of my computer [ 2 Answers ]

I am home sick, and I can't get on my computer to do my homework. Im at my neighbors house right now, but I have essential info on my home computer. My mom keeps it locked with a password that I don't know. I was wondering if there was any way to bypass the Windows XP user login screen.

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Broke into locked computer room [ 2 Answers ]

My teen and her 2 friends picked the locked door and used a card to unlock the door to the computer room. My husband and I keep this door locked until we in the house to supervise. My husband called to let me know that he had to leave for a class. I returned home from work within 30 minutes of...

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

View more questions Search