Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nattu_88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 06:39 AM
    No. Of people to stay in an apartment
    Hi,

Can you please let us know, whether Husband and Wife with one child can stay in 1 Bed Room Apartment in Kentucky.

Thanks & regards
    Natarajan
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2007, 06:48 AM
    I see no reason why not.
    nattu_88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Thank you for your lightening response. We heard that different States of US has different laws on number of people staying in an apartment. If so, we will be happy to keep this as a record since lot of people are deputed from here to different states across US. Do you have any ready reckoner in this regard.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Actually very few states have such laws. When they do, they usually refer to people outside the immediate family. Now, if you had your brother-in-law living with you, that might cause some issues. But a 3 person household is not an issue.
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 2, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Yes. As long as Social Services isn't involved, and your landlord doesn't mind I don't see why you can't. In VA a child has to have their own room after a certain age, but the only way to get in trouble is if Social Services was to get involved :)
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

May 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nattu_88
    Hi,

Can you please let us know, whether Husband and Wife with one child can stay in 1 Bed Room Apartment in Kentucky.

Thanks & regards
    Natarajan
    The answer may depend on the age of the child. It is usually the city or county that makes the decision as to how many people can occupy a specific amount of space. You can find out the specifics for your area by calling city hall. As an example, in our area (Ohio) a house or apartment must have 150sq. Ft per adult and 100sq. ft. per child, not counting the kitchen, bath, hallways or closets. Measurements must be inside dimensions. There are also age laws requiring that children of the opposite sex can not share a bedroom after a certain age. Call city hall for the answer in your specific area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New apartment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm going to move in to a new studio (one room apartment) in couple of months and I really want To make it look good witout using a lot of money. I've looked at some examples in magazines and I Wonder if I should decorate my room in an extreme Fancy way that I like (such as leopard...

Apartment Cosigning [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend(17 years old), my friend ( 18 years old), and I ( 17 years old) are trying to get an apartment together. My friend can sign the lease but My boyfriends father is going to co-sign for me and him . I just wanted to know if that was possible since we were underage but still have a friend...

Apartment Codes [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know... I live in Austin, Texas. I just moved into a new apartment. I love the floor plan, but I've had nothing but problems. The main question I have is, are they supposed to change the carpet every time someone moves out? I noticed when I first moved in that it looked like it was just...

Apartment contracts [ 10 Answers ]

We have lived in our apartment for 27 years. We have new owners and they want us to sign a new contract. The contract states that we will be financially responsible for all repairs due to the apartment and if repairs are not made that they have the right to take personal possessions from your...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search