Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katherine29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Singer Sewing Machine V-Series
    Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much my singer sewing machine is worth. It is a V-Series, which was prior to the F-Series-that one was manufactured in 1910-1920. I am waiting for singer to get back to me with a dating on the series number, however, they cannot actually value them.:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 11:17 PM
    If you look down at the bottom of this page, you will see links to questions that have been similar to yours. You might find some helpful information in them. I hope that you do.

Following is what I said in response to another post. So, it is not a direct response to your individual question. But, it may help you. I hope that it does.

First, I would go to the following site to determine how old it is. http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....ore/page7.html

From what I read on that site, and if all of the information is correct, it would look like your sewing machine is dated somewhere in the latter half of the 19th century.

A lot of people will say that the old machines don't have much value because they keep appearing in yard and garage sales, etc.

However, some of the machines from the early era of them can be quite beautiful in the artwork on the machines themselves and also in the cabinetry work.

They can make a nice display in the home if you get creative and put some things around them that are also from the same era from when they were made. Conversation pieces.

In my home, almost every piece of furniture has a story behind it.

Your machine already has a sentimental value to you because of it's history in your family. Whether or not it has much monetary value depends on its condition, beauty and what someone would want to pay for it.

If it were mine, and had belonged to one of my relatives, like parents or grandparents, and it were truly an antique, which it looks like yours probably is, then I would want to hang on to it, for myself, and also for my children.
    tiggercrystal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Hey I have recently found a 1902 B series Singer and was woundering if you have found anything that could help me find a good appraisal on this machine? Contact me a [email protected] please

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Singer Sewing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Singer Sewing Machine that belonged to my God-Mother the serial number off the machine is: 1172500A. Does this machine have any value?

Singer sewing machines [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 1919 singer and a 1932 singer any idea of a price for these items both in working order , one in in a cabinet

Singer Sewing machine bobbin won't pick up? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife was sewing and needle broke and she installed a new needle and machine wouldn't pick up thread! It is Model # 457 made in and about 1969. Please help? Thanks, CL

View more questions Search