Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lafi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Distance learning
    How can I get a degree from an accredited universities based on my life experience. That is total accredited by the department of education
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

May 4, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Most university that offer credit for life experience that are accredited will only give life experience for something that actually meets the education outcomes for a class that they offer. So if you have a back ground in Accounting it would be possible to get life credit in some accounting classes as long as you can demonstrate that you already know the material that the class will teach.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 07:40 AM
    A full degree based on life experience from an University accredited by the US Department of Education is NOT going to happen.

Most universities have a limit on how many credits you can get from life experience.

As stated above, you are more likely to get credit for a specific class if you can demonstrate that you have the ability from life experience to meet all requirements of that class. The example used above is a perfect example of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distance learning [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to know if it's possible to get a DBA by distance learning

Distance learning mba [ 3 Answers ]

HI!I am a science graduate and want to do MBA through distance learning,I am confused about where should it do it from,I have heard about ICFAI,is it a good institute to do MBA from,please advise ASAP,:confused: :confused: :confused:

Distance learning [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do a management course form distance learning institute in bangalore,please suggest any good ,top institute in distace learning,is distance learning useful ,is it good for career aspect. :confused: please reply as oon as possible to my mail id [email protected]/FONT]:):)

Distance learning [ 2 Answers ]

Dear, I would like to ask you if Washington International University and Universty of Northern Washington are acredited. Regards Edouard Kamangaza

Distance learning [ 1 Answers ]

helllo... I have newly joined this group... I am a computer engineer done my B.E. in computer science and presently working in Hindustan Aernautics Limited in Kanpur as IT engineer. I am interested in Learning more about the distance learning programe in IT which has got good market value and...

View more questions Search