Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pande Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2005, 09:38 AM
    Atapi incompatible
    Getting error message when I installed my new cdrom drive sec slave drive atapi incompatible what can I do please help
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Try turning your computer off, unplugging it, and then remove and reseat cables that connect to it at all points. Motherboard end and CD ROM drive end. Turn it back on and see what happens. It is also possible that the jumpers may be set incorrectly. If they seem to be set correctly, try changing the sec slave drive to the secondary master and change the other to secondary slave if you have 2 cd rom drives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sec slave ATAPI incompatible [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: hi folks this is driving me nuts Gigabyte 6wmm7 motherboard 1x HD 1Xcdrom 512 ram goes through post then stops at this message,"Sec slave ATAPI incompatible" I have no secondary device connected tried changing cdrom to cable select , no joy, can't get into setup even after...

Atapi Dvd-rom 16 Max [ 7 Answers ]

Hello,, I have just noticed that my dvd-rom drive is not showing up when I open 'my computer', I then opended the 'device manager',and in the general box it says "THIS DEVICE IS DISABLED. (CODE 22). When I click on 'enable this device it says 'Windows was not able to enable this device'. I also...

Unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... During start up of my computer I get the following message: (Atapi IDE CD Rom driver version v123b. Error unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded). The Cd Rom does not show up in device manager unless I start computer in safe mode. I went into safe mode and deleted...

Cdrom atapi incompatible [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer over the Internet, and it looks like I can't get the cdrw to work. This is a bare bones type, so there is no OS. When I switch it on, the message Sec Master Drive - ATAPI incompatible appears. The HD & CDRW are on separate cables, so 2 masters are allowed, right? The...

View more questions Search