Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    consultm2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2005, 06:40 AM
    New A/C coils in old case?
    I am replacing two 21 year old Carrier AC units with new Carrier 10 seer units, coils and lines. My installer said that he will use the old cases ( as they are better constructed than the new cases) to house the coils. Is this an OK thing to do? Are there any size concerns to address with doing this? Should I require them to replace the cases? Thank you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2005, 09:15 AM
    I am guess your installer knows more than anybody here. They have seen the installation. The housings are no more than a metal box. If the old ones are in good shape and fit the new coils, I see no problems. The A-coil needs to fit the housing so that air must go through it rather than around it. Putting your money into metal in the coils and not the housings, may be a smart idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water on A/C coils and pipes [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I found water in the floor next to the A/C unit. When I opened the door and checked the A/C I found water drops on the coils and the pipes, they were dripping into the rim around the A/C. I thought the drain was stopped up but there is too much water dripping and I don't remember it...

Do I have a case? [ 9 Answers ]

My son and I have same first, middle, and last names. I found in his papers a correspondence from a law firm near Chicago sent to him at his place of employment about court judgements concerning me. They were faxed and on some used work order paper lying around the shop. My son is an auto mechanic....

Do I have a case? [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this short... Last May, I signed a rental lease with my girlfriend at the time. We were both working and agreed on the usual 50/50 split of all expenses. Four days after moving in together, she quit her job. She was on an experimental treatment for a thyroid condition and the...

Carrier Furnace Evaporator Coils [ 1 Answers ]

How often do these coils need to be cleaned?

View more questions Search