Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isuzupup88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Honeywell T8411R to Hunter 44360 Thermostat
    I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work right.

The Honeywell is wired:

G... Green
    C... Blue
    R... Red
    W1 and Y... jumped together
    L... empty
    W2 and E... jumped together
    B... empty
    O... Orange

The Hunter says:

RH... 24 volt
    RC... 24 volt cool
    Y/O... a/c compressor
    W/B... heating
    G... fan
    Y1... heat pump compressor

I am trying to hook this up to a Trane A/C unit. I appreciate any help.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I'm not familiar with Hunter but, it looks to me as though you have a single stage heat pump thermostat and you need a two stage heat pump thermostat. ( one with W2 ) The second stage W2 is what brings on your second heat source.
    isuzupup88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I only have one heat source. I think some of the problem is that my house was wired at one time for 2 separate heating and cooling systems. We have only had this place for a year and are quickly finding out the joys of owning a 30 year old house.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Is this a Heat Pump? I assume it is and does it have back up electric strip heat? The Honeywell has a wire to W2 & E and that would tell me it has some kind of auxiliary heat.

Was the AC added to a furnace or does it have its own air handler?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to replace thermostat Honeywell T841a for Hunter 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to replace my T841a 1712 Non-Programmable Heat Pump Universal Thermostat for a Hunter Model 44155C, but I can't make the new unit work.:confused: The Honeywell thermostat has the following connections: Color Cable Terminal Blue -----> X Red -----> W2 ...

Hunter 44360 thermostat to a johnson [ 3 Answers ]

We hooked all the wires except blue, black, and brown and are A/C still ont kick on? We have Green -g Red- rc Rc-rh Yellow-y/o White-w/b Orange-y1 Is it hooked up right and our compressor is just shot?

Honeywell T8411R Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Someone gave me this digital thermostat which was used & has no instruction papers. I have a Goodman Heating & A/C self contained unit outside for a mobile home. The old thermostat was a 4 wire system with a green wire on the G terminal, red wire on the RC terminal, blue wire on the Y terminal, and...

Hunter To Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchase a Honeywell RTH6300B to replace a Hunter 44402 problem is there are only two wires coming out of the wall one White and One Black where do these wires go on this Honeywell? Thanks JIm

Honeywell thermostat model #t8411r [ 1 Answers ]

Our system controls both the central air and heat in our home (which is a rental). Yesteday I noticed that after I had switched on the heat that the thermostat was no longer working. We have checked all the breakers and examined the circuit board, however, I am still in a quandry if this is a...

View more questions Search