Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

May 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Should I call him?
    The guy I've started to hang out with broke the plans he had w/ my last week due to a family matter, or so he said. He knew I was going out of town for the weekend, and in a text wrote to have a fun time, and we'll get together when I get back. I wrote him back that it was all good that the plans got cancelled, to have a good weekend himself and we'll talk soon. I got back 2 nights ago and haven't heard from him, which is fine I know we are both busy people. But should I call him if he doesn't call ? I really would like to see him this week, but don't want to come across as being to ancy. Even though I'm sitting here hoping he does want to see me, and all that wasn't just a lame way of saying he's not interested. What do you think?
    cocacola Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:16 PM
    I would prepare myself and give one last call and defiantly leave a message and then leave it at that. If you don't receive a call later on then he is probably ignoring you and no good person deserves that.
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Bottom line, you should call him. You obviously like him and want to talk to him. The cat and mouse game is plain silly if you ask me. This drives people to insanity sometimes. He's actually probably wondering the same thing about you. Should he call you or not and how come you haven't called him. He doesn't want to seem ancy himself. You'll drive yourself crazy in the head wondering if this and wondering if that. You'll get no answers to your questions if you remain silent. This is why I suggest you make the move and call him. Just to say hi even. Ask him what his plans are this weekend and leave it at that. If he wants to see you, he'll ask you. Trust me.
    augustar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brkfstatiffs
    The guy i've started to hang out with broke the plans he had w/ my last week due to a family matter, or so he said. He knew I was going out of town for the weekend, and in a text wrote to have a fun time, and we'll get together when I get back. I wrote him back that it was all good that the plans got cancelled, to have a good weekend himself and we'll talk soon. I got back 2 nights ago and haven't heard from him, which is fine I know we are both busy people. But should I call him if he doesn't call ? I really would like to see him this week, but don't want to come across as being to ancy. Even though i'm sitting here hoping he does want to see me, and all that wasn't just a lame way of saying he's not interested. what do you think?
    Call him. You got nothing to lose.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 1, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Yes I agree with what others have said... When in doubt do what your heart says... atleast that will you the satisfaction but you know sometimes after you've hung up on a call you feel, Oh why I called him... that also makes you lose yourself respect. So if you really feel you can bear with that thought, then do it.

May 6, 2007, 04:24 PM
    After how many dates is it okay for the girl to initiate the calls?
    Man, I feel like I suck at the dating game. It's been awhile since I've been a part of it since I recently got out of a relationship a few months back. But my simple question is, after how many dates is it fair to say us ladies don't have to wait for him to call? I've been out on 5 dates with this great guy, and every date just gets better. Thursday night we had a great overnight date and when we departed he asked when will I see you again, we ended up not setting an exact date because we knew we both were busy the next few days( Friday and saturday), not to mention we live very close to each other. But here it is Sunday, and even though he said to me "have a good weekend" when he dropped me off I really was hoping to see him tonight. Do I call or send him a simple text asking what he's up to? Or leave it in his hands? He's the one that initiated the seeing eacth other soon, I feel like it was my fault for not jumping in with "how about sunday night" but he hasn't called or anything yet and I'd like to see him before he goes out of town mid-week. What do you think? I want to play my cards right w/ this guy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
    About 0 dates, girls can even ask guys out for the first date
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Nothing wrong with calling him up and asking him to go out. But be prepared for the possibility of him saying he's busy since he said to you "have a good weekend". He may truly be busy if he's planning to be out of town midweek.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Its all fair game, but rejection is a *itch. Most men would be flattered!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
    I say call him but prepare yourself for any out come. Plan not to be upset or feel rejected if he is busy. Just finish by wishing him a good night and a "call me tomorrow."
    jillygirl524 Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2007, 09:40 PM
    I would wait like 2 more days
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 6, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Call him and tell him you would like to see him before he leaves out of town. What's the worst that could happen!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Call him...
    Go on, you know you want to ;)

May 7, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Why didn't he call back?
    Thanks for all the responses on the previous question. Sunday early evening rolled around and I sent him a text with "what are you up to later"... to my surprise no reply or call. I didn't want to call him because I knew he had a busy day and didn't want to interrupt it too bad, if he was still in the middle of all his stuff. Was I in the wrong to initiate that question? He was the one who asked when he will see me again a few nights earlier, but we never set anything in stone, and although he told me to have a good weekend when we departed after a great night, I felt like I was casually letting him know I was available that evening if he wanted to hang. But why didn't he reply? I don't get men sometimes, they act eager to see you and then when us girls get the balls to call or let them know we're interested, no response. What's that about?
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
    He's busy. Doesn't matter with what. If he's wants to see you again then he'll call. Hate to say this because I don't like games (I'm sooo glad I'm married) but when he calls don't be so available. Reading your question, it seems as if you are just casually dating and nothing serious. You should go out meet other people and stop waiting for things to happen. I don't think there's anything better than being around friends and family.

At the end of the next date, take a more direct approach and talk about when you'll be seeing each other again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Don't be dejected as he may be busy, and have a lot to do for his trip. Be patient, he will probably call before he leaves. He doesn't know that you'd want to see him Sunday, so let it ride, and stay busy with your own life. Don't start acting needy and desperate this early, or ever. Not good. Next time you can nail a specific time down between BOTH your busy schedules. To soon for those high expectations in my opinion though.
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 7, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brkfstatiffs
    Thanks for all the responses on the previous question. Sunday early evening rolled around and I sent him a text with "what are you up to later"...to my suprise no reply or call. I didn't want to call him because I knew he had a busy day and didn't want to interupt it too bad, if he was still in the middle of all his stuff. Was I in the wrong to initiate that question? He was the one who asked when he will see me again a few nights earlier, but we never set anything in stone, and although he told me to have a good weekend when we departed after a great night, I felt like I was casually letting him know I was available that evening if he wanted to hang. But why didnt he reply? I don't get men sometimes, they act eager to see you and then when us girls get the balls to call or let them know we're interested, no response. What's that about?

Also he might not of gotten it. I know when I had a certin cell service it would take a day or would never get it. I say call... don't be too much but show your interested...

Good luck... I wish you the best... dating sucks!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Just go get him girl.
    I am a guy and trust me we love it.
    Go like this guy.

Name:  avatar_2236.gif
Views: 429
Size:  81.4 KB

May 8, 2007, 10:45 AM
    What's this guys deal?
    I don't get men. I have started dating this great well rounded fun guy. Every time we hang out the chemisty both sexual and non just keeps getting better and better. Last time we went out it was a great overnight date. He showed me pictures of his family, invited me to his game in a couple of weekends, etc... so I know he has some interest. Or at least I hope. He asked when will he see me again, and we didn't end up setting anything in stone because we knew we both had a couple of busy days, he was leaving to go out of town, etc. So Sunday night I was just chillling and decided to text him with "what are you up to later," I never heard back. The next evening I received a message that he passed out early on Sunday had a long tiring day from the beach and baseball. Okay fine, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and wrote him back with it's all good, I ended up having a long day myself (which I did). But no reply from him, better yet a phone call with "how was your weekend, we should get together before I leave" or anything like that. So what's this guys deal? It all feels real and good when we hang out, but then he doesn't step up the plate to call even though he always references how he wants to see me again. I know to just give it space, maybe he doesn't want to rush into anything? But at the same time, I don't feel like I should wait a week or two to hear from him even with him out of town... I'd rather get a call saying he will call me when he gets back into town... ya know what I mean! Okay thanks for listening, if nothing else, what a great way to vent on here haha.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 8, 2007, 11:00 AM
    You should not have to wait a week or two for him to call for even to just ask how you're doing. Sounds very strange. Try calling him and see if you can at least ask if there is any thing wrong, this way you will find out and you would not have to wait on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you call this [ 6 Answers ]

How you call a song that you want to find just the words in the song not the lyrics just the person saying the works without the music in the back ground like when you want just the music its called the name insturmintal but what's the one for just the words

Will he call ? [ 28 Answers ]

I know this sounds like everyother post, but here goes anyway. My boyfriend and I were together 11 1/2 months. We had a whirlwind relationship. We both have the same lifestyle. Work summers and take the winters off. We were SO in love, never fought. We spent the whole winter together traveling and...

Should I call him? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, so my ex and I broke up about 2 months ago and since then, I still haven't gotten completely over him, he still tells me he misses me when I run into him and he is still sweet to me, hugging me, etc. But, I have been trying to move on and go out and meet new people. I've been seeing this...

Should I call him or get over him? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, here's my problem. In January, I met this guy and liked him from the start. I had 5th period w/ him and every day I liked him more and more, and over time he began to really mean a lot to me. He was always really nice and he knew I liked him but never said he liked me back. The year ended...

View more questions Search