Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christy Long Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 01:21 PM
    shower tile floor and grout remains wet looking
    I have a new shower with 2X2s marble floor tile. Every time we take a shower an area of dark, wet looking tile and grout expands. Soon my entire floor will look that way. I've done some research and think that the drain weep holes may be clogged causing water accumulation to saturate my floor from beneath. My contractor thinks that as a result of me accidentally putting a nonpentrating sealer on the floor but then stripping it, is causing some water to seap in from the top and get trapped inside the tile therefore "staining" the floor. He wanted me to clog the drain and fill with water and see if entire floor changed to look wet which he thought would happen... no other tile got darketr. This leads me to believe it is coming from below the floor instead of the top. By the way, since stripping, I placed a tile enhancer/sealer on the floor. Any suggestions?
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2005, 09:21 PM
    The people at johnbridge.com forum may be able to help you more. It can be so many things.
    1) weep holes cloged up
    2) no preslope under the shower pan
    3) too much thin set between the tiles before the grout went down.

This happened to me also. I bought some grout stain and colored the grout see c-cure.com for grout colorant. Now I just don't care anymore. There was really no way to get the people who did the work back here... The colored grout stain also acts as a sealer and it is pretty tuff.

Also colored grout has a tendency to loose color anyway. It is a real PITA. I hate grout!

Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting Tile on Shower Floor and Walls [ 3 Answers ]

We are about to begin setting the tile in the shower. Which should we do first? The floor or the walls?

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

First Floor Shower Tile Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

View more questions Search