Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christy Long Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
    shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking
    I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the drain). Does anyone have any ideas on why this area grows after each shower? Should I have reason to worry about water accumulation between the mortar bed and tile?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2005, 06:31 AM
    Better to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy Long
    I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the drain). Does anyone have any ideas on why this area grows after each shower? Should I have reason to worry about water accumulation between the mortar bed and tile?
    ... post your problem in the 'Plumbing' section so speedball1 and labman can reply to you. You'll also get many more responses there...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stall shower (tile floor instilation) [ 9 Answers ]

I am replacing a tile floor in a stall shower. I hve come across two (2) products that are used under the tile. The tile would be cemented to the product used.One product is called HARDIBACKER and the other product is CEMENT BOARD. I am at a lose as too which product is better. Does anyone have...

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

First Floor Shower Tile Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It...

Shower tile floor and grout remains wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2s marble floor tile. Every time we take a shower an area of dark, wet looking tile and grout expands. Soon my entire floor will look that way. I've done some research and think that the drain weep holes may be clogged causing water accumulation to saturate my floor...

View more questions Search