Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenposte Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Exchanging harddrives
    I have a Pentium III with Linux that works okay but I would like to upgrade. Is it possible to take the drives out of this machine and put into a Pentium IV macihine nad expect it to work?

I like computers I just don't know their inner workings.

THanks
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 1, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Yes, it will probably work fine but personally I would start from scratch on your new PC - it's good to give the hard-drive a Spring clean once in a while.

I'd set the jumpers on your old hard drive to "slave" (check the diagram on the drive carefully) and have both hard drives in your new PC - it's easy enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat exchanging system, Pressure ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am making a heat exchanger as a project so I am going to ask a whole bunch of questions at once. The system will consist of a pump, evaporator and condenser. The cold side will have a temperature of anything below 0 C and the high side will have anything higher then 2 C. I want to use R134...

Don't understand usb2 and external harddrives 0.o [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all~ I got a 80gig external hard drive usb2. I'm no expert at stuff like this... but I figured that my computer doesn't have a usb2 port, so I bought a pci card with usb2 ports and shoved it into the slots in my motherboard. Yet when I connect my external hard drive, it still says this...

Exchanging our stuff [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend text me and wanted to know when would be a good time to exchange our things that were left at eachothers houses. I told her thattonight would be fine. We are going to meet at her place. We have been broken up for a week now, with little or no contact. I am just wondering what...

View more questions Search