Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h factor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
    capital gains
    my 2 brothers and I inherited a house in1994, valued at 240,000. One brother is buying us other 2 out. It is now valued at 310,000. How much , if any capital gains tax will I owe?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 1, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Three-way split. Aggregate capital gains is $70,000. Your share is about $23,000.

The MOST you will pay is 15%, which would be $3,450. You may pay only 5% ($1,150). It depends on the level of your other income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital gains [ 4 Answers ]

My mother is currently living with us,do to a fall. She wants to sell her house and move into assistant living, does she have to pay capital gains from the sale of her house? She is 78 years old

Capital gains [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,this inquiry is about taxes on a sale I made this year(2006)sales price 425,000$,bought in (2004)for 130,000$,made net profit of 269,000$,bought new house for 155,000$,put about 50,000$ in new house,was unaware that one time exemption maybe not in use,my age is (65),thank,s whisky4

Capital Gains [ 2 Answers ]

My parents, residence of Florida (Father 70 retired/disability) (Mother 62 still working RN) are selling their personal residence after 12 years of ownership. They will become renters and live off the sale of the house along with retirement income for the rest of their lives. How do they avoid...

Capital Gains [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of selling my house and land which currently is in three different tax bills. I went through a divorce last year and one of my questions can I use the appraisal price that was used for me to own the house and land? Two pieces were combined as it was questionable if the sewer was...

View more questions Search