Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 05:20 PM
    How do I impress my coach?
    On our cheer squad, we have 18 girls. Only 16 were supposed to make it but there was a tie. 2 girls are going to be cut in about a month in a half. We had our 2nd practice today. The coach said that the biggest thing that would determine the cuts is our ability to try hard have a good additude and work(thoses who didn't would be cut). I try really hard to do those things. Can I do anything to REALLY impress him?
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Apr 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
    As a coach myself, here are some of the things that I look for...

1. Strong work ethic
    2. Never give up attitude
    3. Showing that you consistently strive for excellence
    4. Team player
    5. Positive mental attitude

I believe that determination is more important than talent.

I would rather work with an average athlete with tons of motivation to do well than a star athlete with no heart.

That's me and not all coaches feel the way I do.

Good Luck!
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 30, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I was a cheerleader back in middle chool and high school and I completely agree with rudi. Not only will it impress the coach but it will also impress the other girls on the squad. Having respect from your teamates is also really important. Make an effort to get along with every single girl on your squad (because with a group of 18 that will really stand out). Listen to the advice the coach gives you, because if the coach notices that you listen and correct the problem, it will make him believe that you are trying your hardest and have endless possibilities!

GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it goes! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to start- life coach [ 29 Answers ]

I want to become a life coach/motivational speaker but I have absolutely no clue where to start. Are there educational degrees offered towards this or should one just get a general bachelor degree? Master degree? Phd? I'm sure getting a higher degree would be best and I have every intention of...

Impress my girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Give me tips to impress my Girl

View more questions Search