Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachell21 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
    2 men
    OK here I go I've been with this guy for 2 1/2 yrs and I love him but we always fight he never wants to do anything with me his life is working and then when he gets off he works on otherpeoples rigs and about 2 months ago I met a guy he's really nice he's loves to be with me his family loves me to death and then my BF family can not stand me but anyway he loves my kids so what I'm I to do I'm so confused my BF hasn't even put a ring on my finger not even a promise ring and this other one already wants to plan a life with me
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Maybe it's just because your post was short but I don't see any reason to stay with this first guy, whose supposed to be your BF. Even if he proposes how are you going to have a life with someone that works all the time and has no interest in spending time with you when he is home?
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

Apr 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I think if you step back and read your 'question' from an outside perspective, well you'll see that your current boyfriend isn't filling the role like a real boyfriend should. The new friend sounds like he's a much better choice. Why not take a little time to just think about both of them and consider All the factors that go into a great and long-term relationship. In my opinion, the description of your current situation sounds like a divorce waiting to happen - unless you genuinely believe he's going to completely change in the future. I doubt it.
    Best of luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I would go for the second guy. The first one is already a known entity. But, get to know the second guy a lot more before either of you make any long-time commitments to each other. Some people date for a number of years before they get married.

Before making a commitment with someone, I would suggest making sure as to what plans you have for your own life, such as a possible career, are to your liking and are in order first.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Well of course the first person could be upset because you are seeing a 2nd person to the point of "putting a ring on yoru finger"

It is obvious you have already gave up on the first since you are that close to the second person. I can't really see the question since it is obvoius you have already chosen by your post
    ceriphante Posts: 95, Reputation: 22

May 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
    You know I'd seriously suggest if you're going to break up with first guy definitely forget the second guy for at least three to six months...

Here's why, the second guy... might be appealing to you so much for the very reason that he SEEMS to be able to fill the gaps your first partner isn't at first inspection, but maybe he's preying on knowing these things?

You know deep down I don't think there's EVER a valid reason to just leap from one relationship to another, because you really are taking a chance with your guard down... not only that but say things did work out wickedly well with the second guy, what happens 2.5 years down the track when he starts worrying that because he's busy and you have another friend that maybe you will repeat what you did with him etc?

The best course of action if you've decided you don't want to be with your current partner give him closure, and then give yourself a few months alone, if after that time boy number 2 is still keen well maybe give him a shot, that's the most fair to all involved anyway..
    tiredandlonely Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

May 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceriphante
    You know I'd seriously suggest if you're going to break up with first guy definately forget the second guy for at least three to six months...

here's why, the second guy... might be appealing to you so much for the very reason that he SEEMS to be able to fill the gaps your first partner isn't at first inspection, but maybe he's preying on knowing these things?

You know deep down I don't think there's EVER a valid reason to just leap from one relationship to another, because you really are taking a chance with your guard down... not only that but say things did work out wickedly well with the second guy, what happens 2.5 years down the track when he starts worrying that because he's busy and you have another friend that maybe you will repeat what you did with him etc?

The best course of action if you've decided you don't want to be with ur current partner give him closure, and then give yourself a few months alone, if after that time boy number 2 is still keen well maybe give him a shot, thats the most fair to all involved anyway..

My suggestion is to talk to boyfriend number 1 first. I am in the same position as he is. I don't think there is another guy involved but could be wrong. I was with a girl for 16 months and I worked all the time, when I was home with her we didn't do much. We hung out at her place and we did little things, but we never really went out a lot and such. I was working my butt off for a future for the both of us. She kind of new that and she was very understanding until back in March. Then she had enough and told me it was over. I was devastated. We had talked about things before that, but neither one of us really changed much. I loved her so much that I was doing all of that for her. Now in hindsight, if I would have known that was going to be the downfall, I would never had worked so much. It isn't worth it. I still want to be with her, and I am hurt that she threw this onto me one day. So my recommendation is to talk to him and tell him how you feel rather than just dumping him. Also someone had said about the praying guy, yes I would watch # 2 he might have seen you as vulnerable and looking for an oppurtunity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do men want [ 4 Answers ]

When you want an ex back after you've done wrong, how do you "get them back?" I know that I need to give my ex space, and I am. I'm getting on with my life and I have priorities lined up for myself. But he's still in my thoughts. In April possibly march I'm going to see him at a local dirt track...

Just for Men [ 1 Answers ]

I have just dyed my husband's hair with Just for Men. Although I used a light colour it came out very dark. How can I lighten it up? Is it true that Vosene Shampoo gets too dark colour out?

Men [ 13 Answers ]

I really, really like this one person at my work, we've went out a few times and have gotten intimate. He seems to like me but how do I keep him interested? I hear men like a chase, is this so? I feel like calling his extension everyday but I don't. He sure knows how to keep me hanging by a...

The way men think [ 25 Answers ]

My lover just turned 45. He just found out that I am 51, although I look younger than him. He freaked! He wants young chickie. Is this too big an age gap?

What do men really want? No one under 18 please. [ 24 Answers ]

Okay help me understand something, please. I have come to realize that one way to get what you want from a man is to withhold sex until he agrees of course I have been told I was wrong by people who just don't want their girlfriends to find out about this new trick. Okay but what are other ways I...

View more questions Search