Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2005, 06:05 PM
    Air-Tight?
    I need to know what is the lightest air-tight material or combination of materials?
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2005, 05:49 AM
    I would really appreciate some help with this but if you can't at least tell me where i might find the answer
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2005, 07:50 AM
    Have sort of been thinking of suggesting Mylar or aluminized Mylar. It is used in both party balloons and in aerospace applications. Fosset may have used it in his recent around the world trip. It was very important in some of the early assents high in the atmosphere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing layout - a tight squeeze? [ 13 Answers ]

Upon remodelling an old bathroom (second story, no fixtures above), I found nearly all the pipes to the fixtures nearly rotted through (brass drains?), with no significant venting. I have a left hand tub (5') and hope to position it against the north wall (70"), with a 10" rough in toilet and sink...

Ventilation in tight construction [ 2 Answers ]

I am constructing a 2500sf two story single family home on the coast in northern California where the temp remains fairly steady and cool (rarely much above 75 degrees and rarely if ever freezes)and have concerns about air quality and air depressurization and would appreciate some advice. I am...

Tight swollen feeling all over my body [ 7 Answers ]

Ugh. For the last few days, I've had this weird, uncomfortable feeling that my skin is too tight or that I'm all swollen. My feet and legs feel as if I'm wearing very tight socks, even when they are bare. My hands feel very tight and swollen when I clench them. My arms and legs feel heavy and it...

PVC Tight Places HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I was forced to cut off a closet (toliet) flange and the 90 degree elbow to which it was glued due to damage to get to clean PVC drain pipe in good condition. The problem is where the elbow will turn up and at the point where the new flange and coupling is needed is very tight. The area is between...

View more questions Search