Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kosan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Right Hand Hurts
    Hi,

The pain, specifically, in reference to the inner side of my hand, located at the bottom of my index finger, it really hurts. It's not the finger itself, but the bone that is opposite the knuckle. I can barely bend the index finger and when pushed back, that's when the pain is pretty horrendous. When bending the index finger, it feels tight. All other fingers are OK.

I assume its some sort of inflammatory muscle. I've really don't nothing abnormal in terms of my physical activity which consists of going to the gym, using light weights. I must mention that I've been going to the gym the last 4-5 years with no problems. And my left hand is OK.

Any advice?
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kosan
    Hi,

The pain, specifically, in reference to the inner side of my hand, located at the bottom of my index finger, it really hurts. It's not the finger itself, but the bone that is opposite the knuckle. I can barely bend the index finger and when pushed back, thats when the pain is pretty horrendous. When bending the index finger, it feels tight. All other fingers are ok.

I assume its some sort of inflammatory muscle. I've really dont nothing abnormal in terms of my physical activity which consists of going to the gym, using light weights. I must mention that I've been going to the gym the last 4-5 years with no problems. And my left hand is ok.

Any advice?
    Could be a couple of things actually. Have you fallen or on your hand or jammed your finger playing any type of sports?

My best guess is either a sprained ligament or tendon that connects the bones in your finger, or it could be a bit more serious and be maybe a tiny break or fracture in the bone itself due to stress being placed on the bone itself. Usually if it's a sprain, you can still maneuver your finger around and experience pain. However, if it is a constant pain that prevents you from moving your finger up or down, it is a sign that it can be something worse.

The simple healing of an injury like this is to limit the motion of the finger and hand. Anything that causes you to have the pain must be limited. As there is little blood flow to bones and ligaments throughout the body, it can be a long process. It won't hurt going to the doctor to get it checked out though. Nothing too big too worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss her so much it hurts [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I've never posted here before, but I need to help from somewhere. I have known my best friend, Misty, since the 5th grade. We started going out in high school, and became closer than ever. We know each other better than our own families. After dating for almost two years, she decided to...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

Hurts [ 73 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for 8moths . We were pretty steady. I really feel he loves me. He has been hurta lot by woman.. so he keeps saying he don't want any comiments yet I hear a lot of stories about him falling in love with his ex wife agai and hew had been seeing her for a while now. He...

Still hurts [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I still hurt over my cousins death? It was in 98 such a long time ago. I remember one day my aunt and cousins visiting us when we lived in fayetteville. My step mom and cousin got into a religious argument over a song. Finally my aunt said she was sorry that they would just have to leave and...

View more questions Search