Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Why is it hard to get in to teaching!
    Why is it hard to get into teaching and even voluntary teaching assistant? I have a degree in the subject I would love to teach and yet I can't get into PGCE course or even be a volunteer in a school, WHY?:(
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
    A great deal depends on supply and demand. There are thousands more certified teachers than there are jobs. Many people achieve certification but then go into another career so not every teacher will be in competition with you. If you live in an area with surplus teachers you may consider traveling to another town or even moving if you get hired out of town. I would recommend expanding your search area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to know if there are some cool internet pages about "English teaching as a second language". Thanks

English teaching [ 4 Answers ]

Hi One of my EFL students asked me: Why is it OK to say the dog of my friend, and my friend's dog... BUT NOT: Job's book and the table's leg? Thank you all for your help

Teaching isn't for me, now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, This is my 2nd year teaching and I'm miserable. I love "teaching," but feel I'm unable to do that because of all of the politics involved. I have a BA in Elementary Education from a N.C. university and need some direction towards another career path. I have only 5 months of this school...

Is teaching hard? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in my first year in college and I'm plannig to major in education for elementary, I would like to know if being a teacher is too much, meanig if it's a stressful job or a fun job? Also is it hard to study to be a teacher, its hard for me right now, as a freshie but I'm worried that it...

Teaching [ 3 Answers ]

Which fields or careers are most welcoming to former teachers or teachers seeking to transition out of teaching?

View more questions Search