Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rendy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit
    I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070
    Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit?
    Thanks so much!:cool:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
    You do not match a A/C unit to a furnace size. You match the A/C to the size of your home with taking into consideration windows,doors,insulation,square feet of space to be conditioned,and many more.

Any other HVAC company in your area will be able to give you a much more accurate account of your needs for cooling than we could possibly do here.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 09:33 AM
    We could take a better guess if we knew where you were. The answer isn't going to be the same in Maine, Alabama, or somewhere between. Yes, call another contractor. You will have to have one. At least part of any A/C installation must be done by a licensed technician plus removing the Freon from the old unit no matter how little may be left.

I saved a few nickels by doing most of the work on mine, but the contractor I purchased it through inspected my work, silver soldered the copper lines, evacuated and charged the unit, and adjusted the air flow.
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 30, 2007, 01:47 PM
    You should always size your unit to your house requirements. The furnace you have should have a -08 for 1/5 hp blower or -12 for a 1/3 hp blower after the model number. The -08 will allow you to install a 2 ton unit and the -12 will take up to a 3 1/2 ton unit. Installing a coil doesn't mean it will cool you house, but, that's the sizes your furnace was designed for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating unit [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get the squirrel cage from the air duct blower motor

Do I have the right size unit for my home? [ 1 Answers ]

I have A Confortmaker Central air and heat unit 50,000 BTU'S. I have 1900 SQ FT OF living space. From top to bottom, three of levels. I Finding that, When the temperature gets under 30 DEGREES, My Thermostat, doesn't reach above 68 Degrees on the second level and the third level, doesn't reach...

New Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

I currently need to replace my heating system which is a split 3 ton unit in our basement with outside heat pump. I have received (3) quotes Carrier, Trane, and Lenox. I also would like a humidifier, air filtration system with UV light, and variable speed. The Carrier I feel is way overpriced...

Heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

My heating unit will not stay lite. I can here it trying to ignite, but after about three tries it stops. Is there a fix? I just purchased a new thermstat

Correct Size AC Unit? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in PA and my home was built 7 years ago and a Carrier Model 38TKB036300 central air system was installed. The home is two stories, has about 3200 sf living space, with a 500 sf great room that has a 20' ceiling. When I turn on my AC, it will only drop the temperature 1° per hour. (It has...

View more questions Search