Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 30, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Time to fade away
    Due to a issue that I have discussed with a few in administration it is With deep regret and sadness I think it is time for me to move on from this site.

To all those that have posted and I have learned from this past 6 or so months I would like to express my deepest gratitude and to many of you folks my appreciation for the time you take to help and comfort others

I will still be responding to the questions I am subscribed if necessary,to but as they fade away into the past so will I.

Will deep respect to all W.E.Savage
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 02:47 AM
    I am sorry to see you go. And, I will miss your insightful comments on things. My best to you! I can't help but wonder about the decision. But, it is none of my business. You have your own choices to make. And, I am sure that they are based on sound reasoning.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 03:37 AM
    You've been a great help to the site. I'd only ask that you reconsider - taking into account that the situation we spoke of was of a member blatantly cheating. Consider that one who would go that far should have no problem in telling you any and all sorts of things to try to make us look like the bad guys.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I hate that you're leaving...
    I liked reading what you had to write...

Please reconsider.

There will always be people in this group that will aggravate us to no end,
    Please don't feel that you have to leave because of them.

I really enjoyed your comments.

Kae
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Who will help me with Ubuntu? :(
    Your knowledge is needed and appreciated.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Savage, I am greatly distressed by this post of yours! I have no idea what happened and it is none of my business. But, I hope I can help dissuade you from leaving honey.

Now I know why I have been bored during the past few days. I LOVE reading your comments. You have engaged in some lively and interesting discussions. You make me laugh. You make me think. Your insight into issues is needed here along with your sense of humor. You have helped keep a lot of people grounded. It would be such a shame for you to allow anyone to persuade you into believing that it is in your best interest to leave.

Please, please reconsider. Look at how many people I have bumped heads with. I can't control their reactions to my posts. If they get upset, that is for them to deal with. I just try to do what I believe is the right thing, the best way I know how. That is all any of us can do. Your life experience is very valuable to this site.

Please don't go. Please.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Savage,

I've always ALWAYS enjoyed reading your posts.

You make me laugh, you make me think, and mostly, you bring a different perspective to everything you post on.

I will not beg you to reconsider--it's your choice, and life has a funny way of putting us in places where we have to choose. I will miss you, and hope that you decide to pop back in, at least occasionally.

Sorry to hear that you're leaving.

Synn.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 2, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Savage,
    I've only been here a short while but I too have enjoyed your advice/comments. As stated by RubyPitbull, [QUOTE][You have engaged in some lively and interesting discussions. You make me laugh. You make me think. Your insight into issues is needed here along with your sense of humor. You have helped keep a lot of people grounded./QUOTE] It takes a variety of people to actually learn and grow from... Please reconsider. Your opinions are valued.
    Cathy
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

May 2, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Clough,
    And I am sorry to be going. I feel that I have profited greatly form this site, and hope that in the process I have helped a few others on their paths.
    I pondered this decision though many hours of weeding and could come to no other solution.

Rick,
    I feel honored that you feel that way, and as I told you in our messages back and forth, there was good reason to ban him. But I am stuck with the simple question –“which came first –the chicken or the egg?”
    I am not going by what he said, I am going by what I saw. You have read my posts. I am cynical about what I read because I fully understand you can claim to be anybody/anything online.
    I am not the least bit interested in chastising or outing anyone, I just need morally a time line of events.

Kae,
    I hate to be leaving myself, and it brings me great pleasure that folks enjoy my off the wall thoughts
    This to me moral conundrum, was not brought on by any person, and I would never leave due to that.
    So far as reconsidering, I am at the point now that I feel my fate is in other hands.

Karma,
    Heck I never used Ubuntu, I used Debian for awhile. [its is the source code for Ubuntu]. With Debian you even have to apt-get install your desktop lol.
    I've been looking at the feisty fawn release [downloaded it also] and it looks nice. I might install it just because I like the name. Currently I am using Fedora. So many flavors to try, o my.
    I have some more links to Ubuntu help and hints if you would like me to email them.

Ruby,
    Your making me blush [not that anyone could tell though a 1 foot beard]
    Read my bio. I was a farmer, am an ironworker/ steelworker. I was born to bump heads.
    That's the hitch for me also, I try to do the right thing.

Synnen,
    Same to you and boy did you hit the nail on the head.

Cathy,
    I remember when you first started posting and am glad you stuck around.

As some of you folks know, I am a non-believer. This in my case brings about a strange mindset. I have no god to forgive me so I must get it right the first time.
    My Mom says I have a “mother hen complex” and she is dead on. I always try to save the girl in trouble, to learn later she really likes the drama lol.
    The posts that started this, though I agreed with the points and issues that he posted where irritating and condensing toward others. Hades even I found him irritating. He was handing out reds and greens left and right – but was a newbie – so that's can be normal, And we all know how to do gentle reminders and balance them out. {Speaking of which – I need 2 reds]>
    Then something happened and over time lack of answers sadly leads me to this point.
    The odd ball that I am, I read many posts on this site before signing on because I had seen to many sites with posts being deleted because some one did not like them. I am picky about my friends.

To whomsoever started this site: you have my gratitude and I wish you the best at keeping it on the straight and narrow.

To those I was short with this weekend – my apologizes

-- Savage
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 08:42 PM
    All right then just be that way but when you need the answer to a very important question answered or you feel the need for a three day running argument, don't come sneakin back round here... ya hear? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

Fade Cream [ 1 Answers ]

Do I use A moisterizer before I apply a fade cream or after.

Dr. Palmers Fade Cream [ 2 Answers ]

Does Dr.Palmers fade cream work good on lightening your face and keeping it like? Please help!!

View more questions Search