psuchelarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Boot disk failure.
    How to fix this problem?
    "boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:failure"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2007, 05:57 AM
    It means there is a problem with the CD drive. The fix depends on why you are trying to boot from there and whether you can boot from your HD. We need more details.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 30, 2007, 08:13 AM
    When are you receiving this message? And is it stopping you from booting up?

On some computer BIOS, when the boot order is changed to "boot from CD" first, and no bootable cd is found, that type of message appears, but it doesn't stop the booting process, as it checks for the next boot device (i.e. floppy or Hard drive.)
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Just make sure that the boot order is properly setup by going into BIOS.. to enter BIOS you can either press DELETE or F1 on keyboard depending on PC type!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP login failure/ boot freeze [ 2 Answers ]

I'm running windows xp pro (sp2) and I now have this problem where the system stops responding on the Microsoft xp picture/ logo just before the log on screen appears. I have tried to boot in safemode, but the only difference is that I can then use ALT+TAB to see that two tasks are running: "Log...

Boot failure after installing new power supply [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a new power supply today and swapped out the factory installed unit in my Dell XPS whatever. The new supply is 550 watt, whereas the old one was something like 340. In any case, the computer will turn on briefly (about 1 - 2 seconds) and then everything shuts down. This is...

Boot without hard disk [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how can we boot our client from network instead of hard disk?? SHAVED DO YOU KNOW THIS? Please help if every one know about this?

Disk Boot Failure [ 7 Answers ]

I'm running Win 98 on my spare PC and never get a problem until tonight, when I switched on, a message appeared as follows: "Boot fron Atapi CD-ROM Failure. Insert System Disk and press Enter" I switched the PC off then on again and eveything is fine. I'm concerned that it may happen again, what...

Boot disk [ 3 Answers ]

I received a new computer with XP operating system. While I was loading programs the system crashed and lost the windows/system32 file and would not boot up. I looked for the recovery disk in the box, none found, so I had to do a complete install. Can I create a bootable recovery disk for this...

View more questions Search